Tender Pulled Pork.
Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, tender pulled pork. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
You should include some superfoods in your diet each day. Why not add several beans or blueberries? Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Include whole cereals and nuts. Be sure to eat proteins such as soybeans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. By consuming these superfoods regularly, you should eliminate any weight problems.
Recipe of Super Quick Homemade Tender Pulled Pork
Tender Pulled Pork is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It's simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Tender Pulled Pork is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook tender pulled pork using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Tender Pulled Pork:
- Take 8 lb of Pork Butt (Bone-in).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Make ready of Dry Rub.
- Get 1/4 cup of Kosher Salt.
- Take 1 cup of Lemon Pepper.
- Get 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Take 1 tbsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Celery Salt.
- Take 1 tsp of Garam Masala.
- Take 1 tsp of Fennel Powder.
- Get 1/4 tsp of Cayenne Powder.
- Take 1 dash of White Pepper Powder.
Steps to make Tender Pulled Pork:
- Set up your grill for an indirect heat method. An insulated cooker such as The Akorn works well for this. Simply create a small pile of charcoal (roughly pyramid or cone shaped) interspersed with large chunks of hard wood. Place a fire starter under the top few pieces of charcoal and light. Close the lid and fully open all the vents. Give the charcoal 20 to 30 minutes to light. Throttle the top and bottom vents to barely open and allow the temperature to settle into the desired cooking range. This should take another 20 to 30 minutes. For this cook, get the grill around 300 to 325 Fahrenheit. This will reduce your cook time and give you a nice crust on the meat. However, you will not get as much smoke flavor on the meat..
- Note: The Akorn has a smoke stone accessory that works great at creating a barrier between the meat and the heat, plus you can put an aluminum pan on it to catch the meat drippings to make clean up easy..
- Thoroughly combine all the dry ingredients. Note: Old plastic take out containers with lids work great for mixing and storing dry rubs. Simply add the ingredients to the container, cap, and shake..
- Trim excess fat from the pork butt leaving about a quarter inch layer. Note: Sam's Club sells trimmed pork butts in a 2 pack for a reasonable price. They are trimmed and ready for seasoning straight out of the package. Freeze the second butt for use later..
- Rinse the butt with cold water and then pat dry with a paper towel. The surface of the meat needs to be as dry as possible..
- Coat the meat with a very light coating of olive oil to help the the dry rub stick to the meat. Note: Just about any oil will work for this or you can use yellow mustard if you prefer..
- Sprinkle the meat with the dry rub and spread the rub with your hands. The meat should be completely coated with a thin layer of rub..
- Put the meat on the grill. Cook for 5 to 6 hours. Resist the urge to open the grill to look at the meat. Monitor the grill temperature. Throttle the bottom vent as necessary to maintain between 300 to 325 Fahrenheit..
- After about 5 hours check the meat. The best method for telling if the meat is done or not is to poke the meat with a skewer. If the skewer slides into the meat without any resistance (like cutting warm butter) the meat is done. Be sure to check several locations on the butt as different parts cook at different rates. Continuing cooking until done. Note: The number one rule when it comes to BBQ is it's done when it's done. Meaning be patient..
- When done, remove the meat from the grill. Set aside and lightly cover with foil and let rest for at least 30 minutes, preferably 1 hour. Note: Do not tightly wrap in foil as this will steam the outside and you will lose the some the crispy crust on the meat. Placing the meat in a disposable aluminum pan and covering with foil allows enough air space to prevent the steaming effect..
- After the meat has rested, remove the bone. It should practically fall out on it's own. Pull the meat into long strands. Try not to eat all the crispy bits before you serve your family and guests. For a little extra zing, sprinkle a small amount of the dry rub onto the pulled meat and mix. A little bit goes a long way. Serve and enjoy. CAUTION: The meat will still be extremely hot at this point..
For people who want to begin living a much healthier life the tips above will be able to help you do that. The pre packaged highly refined foods that you can get in any store is also not good for you and alternatively you should be cooking fresh nourishing foods.
So that's going to wrap this up with this special food tender pulled pork recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!