Smothered Pork Chops.
Hey everyone, I hope you're having an incredible day today. Today, we're going to prepare a special dish, smothered pork chops. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Virtually all grocery stores these days have organic foods. This food section is filled with what are now recognized as superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been proved to slow down a number of diseases, or even overturn them. By ingesting these superfoods, your body will more fit. As you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will note an astonishing increase in how healthy you feel. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will allow it to function optimally. By doing this, your immune system will easily fight off illnesses.
How to Make Any-night-of-the-week Smothered Pork Chops
Smothered Pork Chops is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It's simple, it's fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Smothered Pork Chops is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook smothered pork chops using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Smothered Pork Chops:
- Get 5 of strips of bacon cut into small pieces.
- Take 2 of onions sliced thin.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves.
- Get 1 tsp of dry thyme leaves.
- Get 1 of salt and pepper.
- Make ready 3 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Bragg Liquid Aminos or soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tapioca.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaf.
- Take 6 of bone in blade cut pork chops.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Apple cider vinegar.
Instructions to make Smothered Pork Chops:
- Cook Bacon.
- Place bacon on paper towel covered plate. Leave bacon grease in the pan..
- Using 2 tbs of bacon grease add onions, garlic, 2tbs of brown sugar, rhyme and a 1/4 tsp of salt. Cook until onions are soft and carmelized..
- Add 1 cup of chicken broth. Scrape pan to remove those yummy brown bits..
- Place in slow cooker with remaining chicken broth..
- Add remaining brown sugar, soy sauce, tapioca, and the bay leaves..
- Season chops with salt and pepper. (I browned my chops in skillet then I placed them in slow cooker.)This step isn't necessary though. Place in slow cooker and push into liquid..
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours..
- Place chops on a serving plate and cover with foil..
- Remove bay leaves ans skim as much fat as possible off of surface..
- Stir in vinegar and season to taste..
- I served it over mashed potatoes. Top that with sauce, bacon and chopped parsley..
While most of you have been told time and time again that vegetables are good for you, and there is a very good reason why. Potassium is amongst the things that you will discover in various vegetables, not to mention they also contain many different vitamins and minerals you will additionally need. You will find that one of the veggies we are referring to is broccoli, which is full of potassium. You will in addition realize that a salad, made with spinach rather than lettuce, can provide your body with many more necessary nutrients.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food smothered pork chops recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I'm sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!