Mike's [2 Way] Green Chile Pulled Pork Sandwiches & Stew.
Hello everybody, it's me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, mike's [2 way] green chile pulled pork sandwiches & stew. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Do you eat because food is available and you love what they taste or do you opt for healthy foods? How often do you consume mini mart junk food, or fatty fried foods from the local fast food eating places? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and fatty food that virtually all people consume, it's not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. The foods we are consuming cause obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of epidemic proportions. People are at last realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more health conscious. Lots of healthy food can now be available at your local health food store or farmer's market.
Easiest Way to Make Super Quick Homemade Mike's [2 Way] Green Chile Pulled Pork Sandwiches & Stew
Mike's [2 Way] Green Chile Pulled Pork Sandwiches & Stew is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It's easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It's appreciated by millions every day. Mike's [2 Way] Green Chile Pulled Pork Sandwiches & Stew is something which I've loved my entire life. They're fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have mike's [2 way] green chile pulled pork sandwiches & stew using 26 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's [2 Way] Green Chile Pulled Pork Sandwiches & Stew:
- Get of â—? For The Roast & Broth.
- Prepare 1 (3 Pound) of Pork Roast [pan seared].
- Prepare 1 1/2 Pounds of Beef Bones With Marrow [rinsed].
- Make ready 4 (14 oz) Cans of Beef Broth [reserve one can].
- Get 1 Can (28 oz) of Tomatillos [drained - crushed by hand].
- Take 1 Can (10 oz) of ROTELL Tomatoes.
- Take 1 tbsp of Ground Cumin [+ 1 additional reserved tbsp].
- Prepare 1 tsp of Mexican Oregeno [crushed].
- Get 1 tbsp of Granulated Onion.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- Take 1 tbsp of Green Chile Powder.
- Get 1 Can of Mexican Beer [like Tecate].
- Get 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Dried Cilantro.
- Prepare of â—? For The Vegetables.
- Make ready 2 of LG White Onions [chopped].
- Take 3 of LG Celery Stalks [chopped with leaves].
- Prepare 2 of LG Bundles Fresh Cilantro [1 cup - to be added last - reserve 1 bundle for garnish].
- Take 4 of LG Potatoes [small chop].
- Take 2 (1 Pound) Buckets of Bueno Hatch Green Chilies [hot or mild - reserve 1 bucket].
- Take of â—? Sides & Garnishments.
- Get of Flour Tortillas.
- Get of Sharp Cheese.
- Get of Queso Fresco.
- Take of Cilantro.
- Take of Green Salsa.
Steps to make Mike's [2 Way] Green Chile Pulled Pork Sandwiches & Stew:
- Pan sear your pork roast on all sides in a slight amount of oil..
- Add everything in the â—? Roast & Broth section [except for 1 can of beef broth] together. Bring to a simmer and boil for up to 4 hours covered with a tight fitting lid. Check roast intermittently to make sure your broth hasn't dissipated. If it has, add your reserved can of beef broth if needed. But, you shouldn't need it unless you want your leftover broth for sometime later in the week..
- Complete picture of everything in the â—? Roast & Broth section..
- At 1.5 hours in, add 1 bucket of your Bueno Green Chilies..
- Chilies added. Flip roast at this point as well..
- Chop all of your vegetables [except for your cilantro] and add to your pot at 3 hours in. Add additional water if need be but again, you shouldn't need it. Flip roast again..
- Pull beef bones. Shake out any existing marrow from your bones back into your broth and disgard them..
- Check your roast for tenderness with a knife. If it peirces easily, you should be good to go. You'll want to be able to fork shread your meat with complete ease. If you can't, simmer her a little longer. Tenderness will all depend upon the quality of pork roast you've purchased. If good to go, fork shread meat..
- Strain your solids from your broth if you're wanting a dry pulled pork but reserve broth. You may need it. Leave stew be if you're wanting it wet but add your other bucket of green chiles and 1 tbsp Cumin either way. Since the kids wanted both, the wet version was simply spoon strained to convert into dry for sandwiches..
- If choosing totally dry, add your drained solids and pulled pork and return to pot. Add your other bucket of Bueno Green Chilies, mix and add your reserved 1 tbsp Cumin and 1 cup broth. Reheat for 10 minutes. At 9 minutes in, add your 1 cup fresh Cilantro and mix. Do the same with your Cilantro on wet..
- Picture of wet green chile and tortillas below. At your finale, taste test and see if you would like additional minced garlic, salt, granulated onion powder or Cumin. I swear that's the secret to this dish. At least that's what the 104 year old Mexican woman Letica taught me many years ago. "Taste. Add more and let her steep for an hour." Anyway, enjoy your little taste of Mexico and New Mexico! Feel free to go heavy on the Cumin! It really does make the dish!.
Your Overall Health Can Be Effected By The Foods You Decide To Eat
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food mike's [2 way] green chile pulled pork sandwiches & stew recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!