Apple Pie (with Cream Cheese Custard).
Hey everyone, it's Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, apple pie (with cream cheese custard). One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Green living gives you a healthy eating plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. You will discover that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to ward off disease. Prepare for an awesome future by modifying your eating habits right now.
Steps to Prepare Ultimate Apple Pie (with Cream Cheese Custard)
Apple Pie (with Cream Cheese Custard) is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It's easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Apple Pie (with Cream Cheese Custard) is something that I've loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have apple pie (with cream cheese custard) using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Apple Pie (with Cream Cheese Custard):
- Prepare 2 of Apples.
- Prepare 50 of to 60% of the weight of the apples Sugar (light brown sugar).
- Take 1 of Lemon juice (yuzu juice is better!).
- Take 1 of Cinnamon powder.
- Make ready 1 of sheet Pastry dough (storebought).
- Take 1 of Flour (for dusting).
- Take of For the cream cheese custard:.
- Prepare 50 grams of Cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 of Egg yolk.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Sugar.
- Make ready 50 ml of Heavy cream.
- Get 3 tbsp of Flour.
- Get 1 of few drops Vanilla extract.
- Make ready 1 of Lemon juice (yuzu juice is better!).
Steps to make Apple Pie (with Cream Cheese Custard):
- Cut the apples into wedges, and combine with sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon in a pan. Simmer over low heat. Watch the pan and stir the contents occasionally so that they don't burn..
- Soften and warm the cream cheese in the microwave. Add all the custard ingredients except for the flour and mix. Strain the mixture through a sieve, then add the flour, taking care that no lumps form..
- When the flour is mixed in, microwave the mixture for a few seconds at a time, mixing in between. The custard will gradually stiffen, so mix well so that no lumps form..
- When the custard is warm and creamy, cover with plastic film and leave to cool. Put in the refrigerator to chill..
- Stop simmering the apples while they still retain their shape (or if you prefer a jam-like texture, keep simmering). Leave to cool..
- Dust a cutting board with flour, and roll out the room temperature pastry dough to your desired thickness and size. Transfer the dough to a pie tin(s). Don't forget the strips for decoration!.
- Put some of the cream cheese custard on the bottom, and line it with the apples as nicely as you can. Top with decorative strips of pastry in a lattice pattern, and brush with egg wash..
- Bake for about 30 minutes in a 180°C oven, and you're done!.
Everybody likes to have dessert just after their meals and if you are one of those individuals you may want to think about some citrus fruit. Citrus fruits additionally supply you with vitamin C, as well as other vitamins as well as minerals that can certainly help keep you healthy. A thing you may want to try for one of your desserts is to mix coconut with orange sections and top the combination off with a teaspoon of honey.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food apple pie (with cream cheese custard) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I'm confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!