Orange Pound Cake.
Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, orange pound cake. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
One great feature of going green is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. It is possible to accomplish this, even in this hectic world we are in. We should take a step back and fight diseases before they come about. Too many individuals have the attitude of destryong the body today, and fix it with a pill the next day. No matter where you look, you find out about some magic pill that will at once fix your latest problem. Definitely, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you keep on doing the same old unhealthy habits. Unlike buying a car, you cannot exchange your exhausted body for a new one. You shouldn't wait too long or it will be too late to take care of your health. Your body cannot function correctly if it fails to have the right nutrition.
Recipe of Award-winning Orange Pound Cake
Orange Pound Cake is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They're nice and they look wonderful. Orange Pound Cake is something that I've loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have orange pound cake using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Orange Pound Cake:
- Make ready 100 g of margarine.
- Get 50 g of sugar.
- Make ready 2 of eggs.
- Take 200 g of flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Make ready 1 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 2 of oranges.
- Take of juice from 1/2 yuzu or lemon (2 tsp).
Steps to make Orange Pound Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Peel the oranges. Chop one of them into small pieces, but thinly slice the other one whole for the final decoration. Squeeze yuzu for it's juice, and peel some of its skin a bit for zest. If you do not have Yuzu, lemon juice is ok..
- Put margarine and sugar into a bowl and mix together well until you get a creamy texture..
- Add the beaten eggs slowly into the bowl, and mix them very well. Add the chopped orange, yuzu juice and zest (or lemon alternative) then mix together..
- Put flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and lightly mix together, do not mix too much! A powdery mixture is fine..
- Spread olive oil or margarine on the inside of the loaf pan, then pour in the mixture. Push down the centre of mixture a bit. Then lay on top the sliced oranges one by one, overlap a bit if you like. Bake for about 40 min. Check whether it's cooked or not by pushing a stick into the centre. If nothing comes out with the stick, then it's done. If not done, then bake for another 10 min. If surface is already baked, cover over with aluminum foil to avoid over browning..
- note: you can use muffin cups instead of a loaf pan. In that case, bake them for about 20 min..
Another thing you will want to be sure of is that your consuming enough of is your vegetables as this will additionally be able to have a good impact on your health. Potassium is one of the things that you will locate in various vegetables, not to mention they also contain many various vitamins and minerals you will also need. One of the veggies that will supply you with the potassium you will need is broccoli. Spinach can also be something that you may want to start consuming more of as it has a lot more vitamins and minerals when compared with other vegetables.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food orange pound cake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!