Caribbean Lamb Potjie.
Hey everyone, it's Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, caribbean lamb potjie. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
When you eat, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or simply eat whatever tastes good at the time? How often do you fill up on mini mart junk food, or greasy fried foods from the local fast food joints? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and oily food that almost all people ingest, it's not surprising that new diseases are discovered on a regular basis. More and more people are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases because of the foods they ingest. Men and women are becoming more concerned about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not being healthy. Lots of nutritious food can now be found at your local health food store or farmer's market.
Steps to Prepare Favorite Caribbean Lamb Potjie
Caribbean Lamb Potjie is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It's simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Caribbean Lamb Potjie is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook caribbean lamb potjie using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Caribbean Lamb Potjie:
- Make ready 30 ml of Coconut Oil.
- Make ready 2 of Onions, sliced.
- Get 200 g of Bacon, diced.
- Prepare 10 ml of Garam Masala.
- Get 5 ml of Salt.
- Make ready 2,5 ml of ground black Pepper.
- Get 1000 g of Lamb.
- Take 60 ml of white Rum.
- Make ready 60 ml of dark Rum.
- Get 15 ml of Stroh Rum.
- Prepare 250 ml of vegetable Stock.
- Take 50 ml of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Get 150 ml of light Syrup, from Pineapple in light Syrup.
- Prepare 150 ml of Pineapple, chopped.
- Prepare 500 g of Carrots, peeled and sliced.
- Get 500 g of Sweet Potato, peeled and sliced.
- Make ready 500 g of Pumpkin, peeled and diced.
- Make ready 400 ml of Coconut Milk.
- Make ready 30 ml of Honey.
- Get 30 ml of Cornflour.
Instructions to make Caribbean Lamb Potjie:
- Heat potjie, add Oil, fry Onions till soft, take Onions out with slotted spoon and set aside..
- Fry Bacon till crispy, take Bacon out with slotted spoon and set aside..
- Season meat with Masala, Salt and Pepper. Brown meat in potjie, ensuring both sides are cooked..
- Add Rum, Stock, Syrup and Worcestershire Sauce to cover meat and bring to boil. Set aside any left over liquid. Reduce heat and cook slowly for least 1 and half hours..
- Add Pineapple, Carrots, crispy Bacon and fried Onions, replace lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add Pumpkin and Sweet Potato, cover and simmer for 30 minutes then add leftover liquid and simmer for another 45 minutes..
- Mix coconut Milk, Honey and Cornflour, pour over top, replace lid and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve with yellow rice or other Caribbean Island favourite..
You must remember your parents telling you to ensure that you eat your vegetables, that is because this is really important for a healthy and balanced body. Along with possessing many different vitamins and minerals, you will also find that some vegetables also provide potassium. For example, broccoli has plenty of potassium to supply you with your daily recommended allowances. Another thing you may want to try is the next time you make a salad try using spinach instead of your traditional lettuce as you will realize that there are a lot more nutrients that can be found in those leaves.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food caribbean lamb potjie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I'm confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!