Cream of Lentil soup. A creamy bowl of lentil soup - made with cumin, cilantro and potato to thicken it is the perfect way to warm up on a cold November night. When I was a kid, most of our meals started with a bowl of soup. Lentil soup was often on the menu; because I was such a picky eater, the only way Mom got me to.
Pour the hot soup into warmed bowls and garnish with dried mint, cumin seeds, red chilli pepper slices and sour cream or yogurt. Lentil soup is a soup based on lentils; it may be vegetarian or include meat, and may use brown, red, yellow or black lentils, with or without the husk. Dehulled yellow and red lentils disintegrate in cooking, making a thick soup.
Hello everybody, it's me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I'm gonna show you how to make a special dish, cream of lentil soup. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Observing a green living eating plan will give you just what you need to become healthy and fit. Your immune system will be better, and your body can ward off diseases. You can expect to have a healthy future by altering your food choices today.
How to Prepare Quick Cream of Lentil soup
A creamy bowl of lentil soup - made with cumin, cilantro and potato to thicken it is the perfect way to warm up on a cold November night. When I was a kid, most of our meals started with a bowl of soup. Lentil soup was often on the menu; because I was such a picky eater, the only way Mom got me to.
Cream of Lentil soup is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It's easy, it's quick, it tastes delicious. Cream of Lentil soup is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook cream of lentil soup using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Cream of Lentil soup:
- Get 75 gm of Red lentil/ Mansoor Dal.
- Prepare 70 gm of carrot.
- Make ready 70 gm of White part of green onion.
- Take 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of ginger powder.
- Get 2 tbsps of tomato puree.
- Make ready 1 of veg stock cube/ bullion.
- Get 1 tsp of Veg oil.
- Take 1 tbsp of Butter.
- Take 3-4 of Garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of crushed black pepper.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of Pumpkin puree (see recipe).
- Take 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Take to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Fresh cream.
- Take as needed of water.
- Get of For Garnishing.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Roasted Cummin seeds.
- Make ready 1 of dollop of butter.
- Make ready As needed of Green onions.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Green Coriander.
It is a staple food throughout Europe and the Middle East. VEGAN LENTIL SOUP - Instant Pot or Saucepan No Oil Crumble bacon pieces over this delicious Creamy Lentil Soup for a heart-warming dish. Since I'm not terribly concerned about fat and calories, I added a dollop of sour cream along with the crumbled bacon to each bowl just before serving.
Instructions to make Cream of Lentil soup:
- Wash and soak the Dal/ lentil for a while (5-10 minutes), meanwhile roughly chop all the veggies. Heat oil and butter in a pot and add the chopped garlic and saute it..
- Then add the carrot and saute and Cook for about 5 minutes, then add the Dal and mix well, then add ginger garlic and Turmeric powder to it...mix..add the veg stock cube, little salt (as vegstick cube has salt in it) and crushed black pepper too..
- Then add the green onion and mix and cook for about 10 minutes (covered)....add water as required and boil and cook everything....add tomato puree too and let it cook for another 20-30 minutes till Dal and veggies gets soft and cooked. Add the pumpkin puree too and cook for another 5 minutes..
- Once done, let it cool a bit if you are using mixer grinder to blend it,so that you can handle it, if using an electric hand stick blender wait for 5-10 minutes and then blend it into a smooth mixture of soup..
- Check consistency, if required add little water...this is thick creamy consistency soup so don't thin down much. Check salt and add as per taste.Put the pot soup on the flame again and add about 1/4 cup of fresh milk cream and mix well and cook for about 5 minutes...your soup is ready..
- Garnish with roasted Cummin seeds, Green onions, chillies and a dollop of butter or more fresh cream (whatever you prefer). Serve hot!!!! Bon Appetit!!!.
Lentil soup is a culinary wonder. It's creamy without any dairy, satisfying and protein-packed without any meat, and easy to make from a handful of Essentially, lentil soup is everything we need right now. This lentil soup recipe is a few years in the making: Having been disappointed by too many. Lentils are coupled with vegetables for this family-friendly lentil soup. Topped with spinach and a splash of vinegar, this is the perfect weekday dinner.
The one thing that some of you may already understand is that by consuming the right foods can have a huge effect on your health. You should also comprehend that there are foods that you'll want to avoid at all costs and that would be almost all food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. You will notice that the nutrition in these types of is non existent and the unwanted effects can be really bad. That is why we are going to be going over the food items that you should be eating that will have a positive effect on your health.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food cream of lentil soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!