Parangikaai Kuzhambu / Yellow pumpkin in tamarind sauce.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we're going to make a distinctive dish, parangikaai kuzhambu / yellow pumpkin in tamarind sauce. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
You will enjoy great health once you decide to eat the green living way. Your body will become disease free as your immune system gets healthier. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits right now.
Easiest Way to Prepare Speedy Parangikaai Kuzhambu / Yellow pumpkin in tamarind sauce
Parangikaai Kuzhambu / Yellow pumpkin in tamarind sauce is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it's fast, it tastes yummy. Parangikaai Kuzhambu / Yellow pumpkin in tamarind sauce is something that I've loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have parangikaai kuzhambu / yellow pumpkin in tamarind sauce using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Parangikaai Kuzhambu / Yellow pumpkin in tamarind sauce:
- Prepare 1/2 kg of Yellow pumpkin.
- Make ready 1 of chilly slit green.
- Take 5 of curry leaves.
- Make ready 200 ml of tamarind or diluted tamarind Soaked extract.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of jaggery.
- Get 4 - 5 tbsps of sesame oil.
- Make ready 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fenugreek.
- Prepare pinch of asafoetida.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of channa dal.
- Take 1 tbsp of dal urid.
- Make ready 4 tbsps of sesame seeds (black / white).
- Take 2 tbsps of coconut grated.
- Prepare 7 of chillies dry red.
- Take 2 tbsps of fenugreek seeds.
- Take 2 tbsps of channa dal.
- Take 2 tbsps of coriander seeds.
Steps to make Parangikaai Kuzhambu / Yellow pumpkin in tamarind sauce:
- Firstly chop the pumpkin into huge chunks, steep the tamarind in luke warm water for 10 minutes..
- Take a wok / kadaai and firstly dry roast sesame seeds on medium heat, transfer it to a blender jar, add grated coconut to this, in the same wok roast all the ingredients given under "roasting and grinding" until aromatic and transfer this to same blender jar, grind it to a fine powder..
- In the same wok add sesame oil, on medium heat, temper mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and asafoetida. Add the channa dal, urid dal, saute this until aromatic then add the chopped pumpkin with one slit green chilly..
- Saute the pumpkin until tender (will take about 4-5 minutes) on medium heat. Now add the tamarind extract and allow this to boil. Add required amount of salt..
- Once when this comes to a boil add few granules of jaggery, this is just to balance the taste do not add too much of it, because as it is the pumpkin is sweet in nature. Later add the freshly prepared powder to the boiling concoction and stir. Add about 200 ml of water to this, it will be too thick, so lean the consistency..
- Allow this to boil on medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the kuzhambu becomes thick..
- Serve it hot with plain rice or you can serve it as an accompanimet with Manja Pongal / Turmeric Pongal..
By simply following a number of the suggestions above you will notice that you will end up living a healthier life. Also if you cut out all the processed foods that you really should not be eating anyway, you may find that you could end up living a longer life.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food parangikaai kuzhambu / yellow pumpkin in tamarind sauce recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!