WHITE PUMPKIN KOOTU/ VELLAI POOSANIKAI KOOTU. White Pumpkin Kootu is a stew made using Channa Dal and ground coconut. This is one of the simple kootu which goes very well with Vatha Kuzhambu or with any. White Pumpkin Kootu is a stew made using Channa Dal and ground coconut.
Its a very tasty kootu and can be. Vellai Poosanikai kootu is a tasty South Indian side dish prepared with white pumpkin and Channa Dal. Nowadays I have one more kootu lover at home - my Little hero.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we're going to make a special dish, white pumpkin kootu/ vellai poosanikai kootu. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
One good thing about going green is opting to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. This is doable regardless of how busy and frantic your life is. We need to get back to where it was a lot better to avoid disease in the first place. Unfortunately, almost all people don't care about their health since they believe they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. We're barraged with adverts for magic pills that are advertised to fix any problem instantly. Definitely, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old unhealthy habits. Unlike purchasing a new car, you won't be able to exchange your burnt-out body for a new one. You need to take care of yourself while you can do so. Proper nutrition is crucial for your body to function at optimum levels.
How to Make Homemade WHITE PUMPKIN KOOTU/ VELLAI POOSANIKAI KOOTU
White Pumpkin Kootu is a stew made using Channa Dal and ground coconut. This is one of the simple kootu which goes very well with Vatha Kuzhambu or with any. White Pumpkin Kootu is a stew made using Channa Dal and ground coconut.
WHITE PUMPKIN KOOTU/ VELLAI POOSANIKAI KOOTU is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It's simple, it's fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. WHITE PUMPKIN KOOTU/ VELLAI POOSANIKAI KOOTU is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook white pumpkin kootu/ vellai poosanikai kootu using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make WHITE PUMPKIN KOOTU/ VELLAI POOSANIKAI KOOTU:
- Get 250 g of White pumpkin/Ash gourd/poosanikai.
- Take 1/4 cup of Split Bengal gram/Chana dal.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of peeled and grated fresh coconut.
- Make ready 1 Tb of sp raw rice.
- Get 1-2 of green chillies, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds/ jeera.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Make ready 1 cup of coconut milk.
- Take 1 tsp of coconut oil/ sesame oil/ refined oil.
- Get 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Get 1/2 tsp of split urad dal.
- Get 2 of whole red chillies.
- Get 5-8 of curry leaves.
- Prepare To taste of Salt.
In this recipe I have used ash gourd aka white pumpkin. Thus this recipe is also called as vellai poosanikai kootu in tamil. Vellai Poosanikai or Pooshanikai has lot of English names - Winter Melon, Ash gourd or the simple English translation as White pumpkin. This veggie is unique as it can be used for preparing sambhar, kootu, dry curry or kai and even for the dessert.
Steps to make WHITE PUMPKIN KOOTU/ VELLAI POOSANIKAI KOOTU:
- Peel the ash gourd and remove the seeds. Chop the white portion into about 1 inch cubes..
- Soak the Bengal gram dal for about 2 hours and cook till soft and done in a pressure cooker(about 2 whistles). Soak 1Tb rice for an hour..
- Grind grated coconut, green chillies, cumin seeds and soaked and drained rice, together into a fine paste. Use water if required..
- Put the white pumpkin/ash gourd pieces in a heavy bottomed pan/ karahi, add turmeric powder, salt and just enough water to cover the vegetable. Cook on medium flame till vegetable is soft(Might take about 20-25 min). Alternatively you can pressure cook them to 2-3 whistles and then transfer to the karahi..
- Once the gourd is cooked, add the boiled Bengal gram and the coconut paste to it. Mix well. Add salt to taste and few curry leaves to it. Cook on low flame till the raw taste of rice and coconut is, gone(about 5 minutes). Now add coconut milk and simmer for another 10 minutes on low flame. Keep stirring in between..
- Tempering- In a separate pan heat 1 tsp coconut oil/ sesame oil/ refined oil. Add mustard seeds and when they crackle add urad dal, whole red chillies and curry leaves to it. Mix well till urad dal is changes colour. Pour this tempering on the Kootu..
- Serve the Kootu as a side dish with boiled rice..
I love this veggie in sambhar but my personal. Poosanikkai kootu or Ash gourd kootu is yet another my favorite kootu. This version is my grandma's recipe. We can make Kootu, sambar, mor kuzhambu and halwa using this Ash gourd. Poosanikai rasavangi / pumpkin kootu for rice is a healthy and tasty side dish for rice.
Now when it comes to the primary food items that you have for dinner, you may well want to be certain that you're eating a good amount of fish, particularly salmon, and lean protein. The fact that salmon is also loaded with Omega-3 is just one of the reasons why it is a good choice, but it also contains other essential nutrients you will need. And when it comes to lean protein, you should bear in mind that you only will need about 3 ounces to get your daily requirements. Furthermore before cooking your steak you really need to trim the fat that you can see from it to keep from eating extra fat.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food white pumpkin kootu/ vellai poosanikai kootu recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I'm sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!