Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie. Left over turkey meat joins forces with peas, carrots, and green beans in a savory pot pie. All Reviews for Dad's Leftover Turkey Pot Pie. Leftover turkey and gravy inspired this savory pot pie that includes onions, mushrooms, garlic, and frozen vegetables in a savory main dish that extends the pleasures of a holiday meal.
You can make it with chicken or turkey…whatever's. Leftover Turkey Tamale Pie - Sorry, Pumpkin, There's a New Thanksgiving Pie in Town. While I'm branding this as a post-Thanksgiving leftover turkey recipe, it's really a "how to make tamale pie" video, since you can sub in virtually.
Hello everybody, it's Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I'm gonna show you how to make a special dish, left over turkey-pumpkin pot pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Most likely, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food area. This aisl has what are today acknowledged as superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to retard some diseases, or even reverse them. You will find that you think more clearly when you begin to consume these foods. Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will see a surprising increase in how good you feel. Your body will begin to run as it was meant to when you supply it with the correct nutrition. As a result, it will allow your immune system to fight disease more efficiently.
Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Award-winning Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie
Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It's appreciated by millions daily. Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Left over turkey meat joins forces with peas, carrots, and green beans in a savory pot pie. All Reviews for Dad's Leftover Turkey Pot Pie. Leftover turkey and gravy inspired this savory pot pie that includes onions, mushrooms, garlic, and frozen vegetables in a savory main dish that extends the pleasures of a holiday meal.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook left over turkey-pumpkin pot pie using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie:
- Get of Filling.
- Take 2 small of potatoes, sliced thin.
- Get 1/2 cup of white chopped onion.
- Make ready 2 medium of white mushrooms, chopped.
- Make ready 2 slice of bacon, chopped.
- Take 1 cup of turkey, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of carrots, finely chopped.
- Get 1/2 cup of green peas.
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Get 1 tbsp of flour.
- Take of Pumpkin filling sauce.
- Get 1/2 cup of left over pumpkin pie filling.
- Get 2/3 cup of heavy cream.
- Make ready 3 tbsp of toasted spice rub.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Get of Pot pie topping.
- Make ready 1 of Pie crust dough.
This turkey pot pie has a comforting creamy center with an extra-flaky top. Brushing the crust with heavy cream and sprinkling with flaky sea salt is an absolute must. This is just one more reason we live for the Thanksgiving leftovers. Leftover Turkey Pot Pie: ::Thinking to self:: "Mmm, Thanksgiving dinner was deeelicious.
Instructions to make Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie:
- Pre heat oven to 350°. If using pie crust dough, roll it out now..
- Heat a large skillet over med heat, and add chopped bacon..
- After about 3 mins, add 1 tablespoon of butter. Stir until melted..
- Add your sliced potatoes, stirring to coat with butter, and bacon. Let potatoes brown..
- After about 5 mins, add chopped onions, carrots, green peas and mushrooms. Stir occasionally, to avoid over browning..
- When the onions are clear and carrots softened, add chopped turkey. Reduce heat to low..
- In a small sauce pot over med heat, add butter, pumpkin, and heavy cream. Season with toasted spice rub, bring to a simmer and whisk until smooth, breaking up pumpkin pie filling. Turn off heat..
- Create a well in the middle of your skillet. Add remaining butter, melt, and stir in flour to create a quick roux. Add pumpkin sauce and stir to combine..
- Put your filling into baking dish, and cover top with pie crust dough. Poke holes in the middle for venting, and place in oven. Cook untill golden brown. Let stand 10 mins before serving. ENJOY :).
- NOTE: The toasted spice rub mix I used is from a recipe by Michael Chiarello (Food Network). You can find the recipe on Food Network Web site or app under the recipe titled; Roasted Butternut Squash Soup..
But now what to do with all these leftovers?? To make the Leftover Turkey Pot Pie, I gathered my leftovers. There wasn't much left, not even any gravy, but I made due with what I had. This Turkey Pot Pie recipe with flaky pie crust, crumbled bacon, diced turkey & vegetables all mixed up in a creamy gravy is the This easy leftover turkey pot pie is so creamy and decadent, packed full of delicious flavorful turkey, bacon, butter, white wine. Some popular Thanksgiving Leftover recipes are Leftover Turkey and Sweet Potato Fritatta and Leftover Turkey Tacos with Brussels Sprouts Slaw to name a few!
Nuts and also different seeds will certainly be a much better option when you are trying to find a quick snack to enjoy. One of several health benefits of these types of nuts and seeds would be the Omega-3 and Omega-6 that can be obtained in them. Your entire body will use these fatty acids as a foundation for creating hormones which your body demands to stay healthy. A few of these hormones that are needed are only able to be created by having these fatty acids in your diet.
So that's going to wrap it up with this special food left over turkey-pumpkin pot pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I'm sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!