Grandma Betty's Pumpkin Pie.
Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I'm gonna show you how to make a special dish, grandma betty's pumpkin pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I'm gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what you are eating is healthy for you? How frequently do you eat at your local fast food joint or buy junk food at the local convenience store? As people choose to eat foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are found. The food products we are eating cause obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of epidemic proportions. People are choosing to eat better now that they know how essential food choices are to their health. A lot of healthy food are now available at your local health food store or farmer's market.
Recipe of Favorite Grandma Betty's Pumpkin Pie
Grandma Betty's Pumpkin Pie is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It's easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Grandma Betty's Pumpkin Pie is something that I have loved my whole life. They're fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook grandma betty's pumpkin pie using 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Grandma Betty's Pumpkin Pie:
- Take 1 1/3 cups of all purpose flour.
- Take 2/3 cups of *cold* unsalted butter (1 stick and 3 tablespoons).
- Prepare 5-7 Tablespoons of ice water.
- Make ready 2 of slightly beaten eggs.
- Get 1 1/2 cups of fresh, pureed pumpkin (or canned pumpkin).
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Take 1/4 cup of granulated (white) sugar or coconut sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cloves.
- Make ready 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 2/3 cups of evaporated milk (12 oz can).
Steps to make Grandma Betty's Pumpkin Pie:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make the dough for the crust first by putting the flour into a food processor or mixing bowl. Add a pinch of sugar and a pinch of salt..
- Cut the butter into 1/2 inch cubes to make it easier to mix, and add that to the mixture. Blend it with a large food processor blade (my preference) or use a pastry blender to cut the butter into the flour..
- Add 5 to 7 tablespoons of ice water. Use as little water as you can to get the mixture to form into dough ball. As soon as the dough starts sticking together, stop adding water and stop mixing..
- Make a ball from the dough, and put it in the refrigerator to cool for at least 10 minutes. You want the dough to be cold when you roll it out into a crust..
- Now make the filling: Combine the eggs, pumpkin, sugar, salt and spices into a bowl and mix with a whisk until the color is even..
- Last, add the evaporated milk gradually, pouring about 3 oz at a time in and mixing well. Put the filling into the refrigerator..
- Get ready to roll the crust. Get your pie plate ready, get out a rolling pin, dust it with flour. Prepare your rolling surface with a dusting of flour as well. A granite or stone rolling surface is best, because it will keep the dough cool. You want to do this next part fairly quickly because you don't want the dough to warm up too much, and the longer you work the dough, the tougher the crust will be..
- Get the dough out of the fridge, put some flour on your hands and flatten the ball into a thick circle, then put it on your rolling surface..
- Roll out the dough to fit your pie plate. Flip the dough and dust with flour a few times to prevent it sticking to your rolling surface. Thickness of the rolled out crust should be about 3/8 inch thick..
- Put the rolled dough into the pie plate, push the dough gently into the bottom of the edges, and trim (or decorate) the rim of the crust..
- Move the pie crust to a counter top as close to the oven as you can. Pour the filling into the crust..
- Put the pie into the oven and bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for **15 minutes**..
- After 15 minutes, reduce the heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for another 30 to 40 minutes. When done, the filling should move only slightly (like firm Jello) when you shake it. You can also test for done-ness by sticking a knife into the center of the pie. If it comes out clean, the pie is done..
- Remove the pie from the oven and allow it to cool before serving..
You will notice that various kinds of berries can be very good for your health. The first thing you will discover about berries is just about any kind of berry has a lot of vitamin C. Yet another thing you will recognize is that the antioxidants in berries will be higher than just about any other food that you may choose to eat and this can aid with your circulatory system. You may also be aware that antioxidants are also able to help make sure you have healthy cells and it can additionally help to stop the deterioration of your cells.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food grandma betty's pumpkin pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!