Slow Cooker Ratatouille.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, slow cooker ratatouille. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
In all probability, your local grocery store today has an organic food area. There you will be able to see what science has called superfoods. This term refers to 14 foods that have been proven to retard or reverse particular illnesses. You will find that you think more clearly when you start to ingest these foods. You will start to feel a lot better when you decide to ingest the superfoods rather than junk food. Your body will begin to work as it is supposed to when you provide it with the proper nutrition. As a result, the immune system will be able to fight off any disease.
Recipe of Perfect Slow Cooker Ratatouille
Slow Cooker Ratatouille is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It's easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Slow Cooker Ratatouille is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have slow cooker ratatouille using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Slow Cooker Ratatouille:
- Take 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of red onions, chopped.
- Take 3 of Yukon Gold potatoes, chopped.
- Prepare 3 large of garlic cloves, peeled and smashed.
- Prepare 2 small of eggplant, ends trimmed, cut into large chunks.
- Prepare 3 small of zucchini, ends trimmed, cut into large chunks.
- Prepare 4 of bell peppers (assorted colors), seeded, cut into large chunks.
- Get 3 medium of tomatoes, seeded, cut into medium chunks.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white wine.
- Get 2 tbsp of fresh thyme leaves (or 1 Tbsp fresh oregano leaves).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar, or more to taste.
- Make ready 1 of Kosher salt and fresh black pepper, to taste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of arrowroot or cornstarch.
Steps to make Slow Cooker Ratatouille:
- In a large sauté pan or skillet, heat the oil over low heat, and add the onions, potatoes and garlic cloves. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes, until the onions just begin to get translucent and the garlic hasn't begun to brown. Transfer the contents to a 6- or 7-quart slow cooker..
- Add the eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, wine and thyme leaves. Cook on LOW for 3-1/2 hours, stirring once during that time..
- Turn the cooker to HIGH, and add the balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Mix the arrowroot or cornstarch with 6 tablespoons of water, to make a slurry. Pour that into the slow cooker and stir. Cover, and cook for 15-20 minutes on HIGH. The liquid in the cooker will be slightly thickened (and it will thicken more if you let the ratatouille chill in the refrigerator)..
- Serve hot, at room temperature, or cold..
- credit to: http://www.theperfectpantry.com/.
One more thing you will want to make sure of is that your consuming enough of is your vegetables as this will also be able to have a good affect on your health. Potassium is amongst the things that you will find in various vegetables, not to mention they also contain many various vitamins and minerals you will also need. You will find that one of the vegetables we are talking about is broccoli, which is packed with potassium. Something else you may want to try is the next time you make a salad try making use of spinach as an alternative to your traditional lettuce as you will discover that there are a lot more nutrients that can be found in those leaves.
So that's going to wrap this up for this exceptional food slow cooker ratatouille recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!