Punjabi Pind (Village) Style ~ Sarson ka saag aur Makki ki Roti.
Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, punjabi pind (village) style ~ sarson ka saag aur makki ki roti. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
One of the greatest points of adopting a green lifestyle is to slow down and enjoy life. It is possible to do this, even in this hectic world we are in. We should return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. Alas, majority of people don't care about their health because they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. Wherever you look, you read about some magic pill that will at once fix your latest problem. Definitely, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old negative habits. Unlike the car buying process, you won't be able to trade in your worn out body for a new one. You need to look after yourself while you can do so. Proper nutrition is important for your body to work at best levels.
Steps to Prepare Homemade Punjabi Pind (Village) Style ~ Sarson ka saag aur Makki ki Roti
Punjabi Pind (Village) Style ~ Sarson ka saag aur Makki ki Roti is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It's simple, it's fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Punjabi Pind (Village) Style ~ Sarson ka saag aur Makki ki Roti is something which I've loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have punjabi pind (village) style ~ sarson ka saag aur makki ki roti using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Punjabi Pind (Village) Style ~ Sarson ka saag aur Makki ki Roti:
- Take 600 gm of Sarson Saag (Mustard Green).
- Get 200 gm of Bathua saag (Chenopodium album).
- Get 200 gm of Palak (spinach).
- Make ready 3-4 of medium size onion.
- Prepare 2 inch of ginger.
- Make ready 5-6 of garlic pods.
- Get 2 of green chilies.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of garam masala (mixed spices).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of red chilli powder.
- Get as per taste of Salt.
- Make ready of Makki ka aata (maize flour).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Mustard seeds.
- Make ready 2 of whole dry red chilli.
- Get 4-5 of chopped garlic.
- Take ¼ teaspoon of asafoetida for tempering.
- Get 2 tsp of Mustard oil.
Steps to make Punjabi Pind (Village) Style ~ Sarson ka saag aur Makki ki Roti:
- Wash & clean green leafy vegetables properly. Then chop all green leafy vegetables and also chop onion, ginger & garlic using knife or food processor. Take deep cooking pan, put all green leafy vegetables and onion, ginger, garlic mix in it and add hot boiling water with salt (as per taste)..
- Once saag (greens) starts boiling, add all dried spices excluding asafoetida, mix and cover the lid for saag to cook on medium low flame. In the meantime, knead the corn flour dough with small amount of salt & water and keep it aside to rest..
- Keep on mashing the greens using steel masher or mathni (wooden churner) so that all greens are mixed properly. After 30 min, add 3-4 tablespoon corn flour in the green and mix well and ensure to use masher so that there are no lumps of corn flour in the greens. Greens will take approximately 45 min to 1 hour to cook properly and to come at the consistency needed..
- Once green are cooked and mashed well, time to temper it. Heat mustard oil in the pan. Once hot enough, add 1 teaspoon mustard seeds, 2 dried red chilies, some chopped garlic pods, asafoetida and then add cooked saag (greens). Mix everything well and let saag cook for another 5 minutes..
- Now it’s time to make corn flour flat bread (makki ki roti). Put the iron tawa (skillet or griddle) on gas so that it is hot enough when we start making corn flour flat bread. Take a parchment paper or butter paper on rolling board, start spreading small amount of kneaded corn flour dough using hands. Make roti (flat bread) of 4 inch diameter and ½ cm thickness. Use splash on water on hands while spreading the bread..
- Now put this maize flour flat bread on hot skillet and let it get cooked. Once you see those dark spots on one side, flip it for other side to also get cooked properly. Now put the flat bread on direct heat using tongs and get the brown spots on both sides. Now spread ghee (clarified butter) on the cooked corn flour flat bread to keep it moist..
- Serve hot saag (greens) topped with generous amount of white butter and makki ki roti (corn flour flat bread). Enjoy this lovely, hearty recipe in winters..
- TIPS:Do not pressure cook the saag, it has to be cooked and mashed together to get that nice consistency. If possible cook saag and roti on earthen stove (chulha) or charcoal stove to get that authentic flavor. Corn flour is little tricky to handle so ensure to use butter paper or parchment paper for spread it using hands. Proportion of greens: Bathua (Chenopodium album) & Palak (spinach) will be 1/3 of mustard greens..
Now when it comes to the primary food items that you have for dinner, you may want to be certain that you're eating lots of fish, especially salmon, and lean protein. The fantastic thing about salmon is that together with other nutrients it's also loaded with Omega-3. Now when you decide to have a steak for an evening meal one thing you should remember is that 3 ounces will present you with all the protein you will require for the day. It's also advisable to trim off any extra fat that you find on the particular meats that you're planning to eat.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food punjabi pind (village) style ~ sarson ka saag aur makki ki roti recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!