Sylvia's Bacon and Onion Pudding #mycookbook.
Hello everybody, hope you're having an amazing day today. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, sylvia's bacon and onion pudding #mycookbook. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I'm gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what you are eating is beneficial for you? How often do you eat at your local fast food joint or get junk food at the local mini mart? Because people choose to consume foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. More and more individuals are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases due to the foods they consume. A lot of people are at last realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more conscious about their health. Lots of good food are now being sold at your local health food store or farmer's market.
Recipe of Quick Sylvia's Bacon and Onion Pudding #mycookbook
Sylvia's Bacon and Onion Pudding #mycookbook is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It's simple, it's fast, it tastes delicious. Sylvia's Bacon and Onion Pudding #mycookbook is something that I have loved my entire life. They're nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook sylvia's bacon and onion pudding #mycookbook using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sylvia's Bacon and Onion Pudding #mycookbook:
- Prepare 8 oz of Self raising flour.
- Prepare 4 oz of suet, either veg or beef.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- Take half of a pack of dry-cure smoked, streaky bacon or any bacon you have handy.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried mixed herbs or Thyme.
- Get 2 of small or 1 large onion, finely chopped.
- Take A few of fresh Sage leaves or 1/2 tsp dried Sage.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
- Get of Butter for greasing.
- Prepare of Water for binding.
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper, preferably White Pepper.
- Get of Pudding bowl, greaseproof paper, string, steamer.
Instructions to make Sylvia's Bacon and Onion Pudding #mycookbook:
- Grease your bowl with butter. Set aside.
- Dry fry the bacon in a hot frying pan until crisp. Turn to scrip the other side. Drain on kitchen paper and chop into fairly small pieces. Set aside..
- Sauté the finely chopped onion with the Sage leaves or dried Sage in vegetable oil until translucent and lightly browned. Take off of the heat and remove to a plate to cool..
- Mix the flour, 1/2 tsp salt, baking powder and suet in a bowl..
- Add the onion and Bacon to the flour mixture and stir together..
- Bind the mixture with enough cold water to bring together to form a soft dough. Boil the kettle..
- Place the pudding into the buttered pudding bowl and cover with a large sheet of greaseproof or baking parchment with a pleat in the middle to allow for expansion and tie with string to form a seal around the edge of the bowl. Fold the overhanging paper onto the top of the bowl to keep it out of the way..
- Pour boiling water into the steamer and place pudding bowl in top of the steamer. Steam for 2 hours, regularly checking and topping up with boiling water to avoid the pan boiling dry..
- I served my pudding with an onion gravy made from a sliced onion, sautéed until browned in a gravy made from good old Bisto! (Guilty secret) I also added a medley of green veg, but you can use whatever veg you have handy. Not the best photo, but definitely one of my most favourite dinners from my childhood..
Nuts and also various seeds will be a much better option when you are trying to find a quick snack to enjoy. One of several health benefits of these nuts and seeds would be the Omega-3 and Omega-6 that can be found in them. Omega-3 and Omega-6 are classified as essential fatty acids and they are essential because your body utilizes these kinds of fatty acids to keep your hormone levels where they should be. A number of these hormones that are needed can only be created by having these fatty acids within your diet.
So that's going to wrap it up for this special food sylvia's bacon and onion pudding #mycookbook recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!