Arroz con gandules (Puerto Rican rice and peas).
Hey everyone, I hope you're having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, arroz con gandules (puerto rican rice and peas). It is one of my favorites. For mine, I'm gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Your daily diet must include at least some of these super foods. To start, beans are great, and berries, particularly blueberries. Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Throw in whole grains and nuts. Moreover, you may wish to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soybean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will help solve your weight gain problems.
Easiest Way to Prepare Award-winning Arroz con gandules (Puerto Rican rice and peas)
Arroz con gandules (Puerto Rican rice and peas) is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Arroz con gandules (Puerto Rican rice and peas) is something which I have loved my whole life. They're fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have arroz con gandules (puerto rican rice and peas) using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Arroz con gandules (Puerto Rican rice and peas):
- Take 2 tbsp of sofrito.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of adobo.
- Take 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Take 1/2 can of tomato sauce.
- Make ready 1 envelope of sazon.
- Make ready 2 envelope of goya pork boullion.
- Take 1 tbsp of oil.
- Make ready 1 can of gandules (pigeon peas) with liquid.
- Take 2 of gandules can of water.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of rice.
Steps to make Arroz con gandules (Puerto Rican rice and peas):
- Please measure your rice to water according to directions on rice bag. I never measure, I just go by what I see. Usually my water is about 1/2 inch above the rice in the pot.
- In a medium sized aluminum rice pot, heat oil and sofrito on medium high heat until oil turns green, stirring constantly.
- Add adobo, garlic powder, sazon, pork flavor, tomato sauce, water and pigeon peas and bring to a boil.
- Wash rice and add to pot stirring occasionally (so that the rice doesn't stick).
- Lower heat once rice seems to have just a coat of liquid on top, cover and let cook for about 20 minutes. Do not stir too many times once heat is lowered as it will make your rice mushy..
- Rice is done when rice grains are open..
- Note: you can also use corn, Vienna sausages, red beans, chorizo, chicken, cut ham or just plain yellow rice instead of using gandules. This is the typical recipe for Puerto Rican rice. I also add pimiento sometimes..
Although some of you love to have your snack foods, instead of reaching for the potato chips try grabbing some nuts. You will come to realize that these snack items are usually loaded with Omega-3 and Omega-6, although some nuts and seeds will have a lot more than others. These fatty acids are essential to helping your body produce the proper quantities of hormones your body needs for a healthy way of life. Unless you get the fatty acids you will need your body will actually not be able to generate a number of of the hormones that it requires.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food arroz con gandules (puerto rican rice and peas) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!