Pernil (Puerto Rican Roast pork). For everyone looking for that special Christmas dinner - here it is! Forget the ham and turkey, this roasted Puerto Rican pork served on special occasions is where it is! My husband pronounced this the best pork he ever ate and I have to agree!
A quick and easy video on how to season your Pork Shoulder to come out juicy and delicious. The rub and the slow roasting made all the difference. One suggestion, if you like the skin crispy (as us Puerto.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, pernil (puerto rican roast pork). It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Following a green living eating plan will provide you with precisely what you need to be healthy. Your immune system will be better, and your body can potentially become disease free. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits right now.
Steps to Make Any-night-of-the-week Pernil (Puerto Rican Roast pork)
For everyone looking for that special Christmas dinner - here it is! Forget the ham and turkey, this roasted Puerto Rican pork served on special occasions is where it is! My husband pronounced this the best pork he ever ate and I have to agree!
Pernil (Puerto Rican Roast pork) is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They're fine and they look wonderful. Pernil (Puerto Rican Roast pork) is something which I've loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have pernil (puerto rican roast pork) using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Pernil (Puerto Rican Roast pork):
- Take 1 cup of sofrito.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white vinegar.
- Make ready 5 tbsp of adobo (goya).
- Make ready 5 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Get 2 packages of sazon con achote.
- Take 1 of penir (pork shoulder).
- Prepare 20 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 large of oven bag.
This Puerto Rican pork shoulder recipe is an amazing party dish. My pernil journey began as I was wrestling a huge shoulder of pork out of its packaging, about to start some rendition of slow roasted pork. Guillermo, a super nice guy who helps me out with kitchen prep when I need some powerhouse. This is a delicious Puerto Rican pork roast that makes a wonderful change for the holidays.
Steps to make Pernil (Puerto Rican Roast pork):
- I never really measure so I'm just guessing about how much I use. The seasoning seems like a lot, but it's meant for a nice sized penir. You may add or take away to your taste..
- Clean the penir of excess blood and rinse the skin off really good. Trim as much fat as possible..
- Stab 1 inch holes all over the penir as deep as you can go. Set penir aside.
- in a bowl combine Sofrito, vinegar, adobo, garlic powder, and sazon..
- with your hands rub the marinade into the pork, filling up the holes with it. Make sure the penir is evenly seasoned..
- fill holes with 1 garlic clove per hole and marinate overnight.
- follow directions for the oven bag and place penir in oven bag. Pour in any marinade that has dripped from the penir.
- allow at least 4 hours of cooking time at 350°F.
- when you see that the penir is pretty much done open oven bag at the top exposing the skin and cook until the skin is crunchy, you may also remove the skin at this point and fry it for faster results. I personally like it from the oven..
- note: when you buy the penir, look for the one with the least fat.
The pork roast is roasted slowly in the oven until the meat is tender and the skin on top is crackling and crisp. During the Christmas holiday season, Pernil is often made in Latin-American homes. Pernil is roasted pork shoulder, seasoned to the max. It is served with rice and beans or sweet plantains. Cold Pernil is sliced thin paired with Swiss cheese, pickles and ham to make the famous Cuban sandwich.
Your State Of Health Can Be Impacted By The Foods You Choose To Consume
So that's going to wrap this up for this exceptional food pernil (puerto rican roast pork) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!