Bacalaitos ( cod fish fritters ). COD Fish fritters by spanish cooking. How to make Bacalaitos or Codfish Fritters. Make Bacalaítos, or fried codfish fritters, using a GOYA® recipe that will take this incredibly popular Puerto Rican food into your home kitchen.
They're flavorful and convenient to make. Chill overnight, it makes for a less salty fish. These are served all over Miami and they are so good!
Hello everybody, it's me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, bacalaitos ( cod fish fritters ). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Green living equips you with a great diet plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be rebuilt, and your body is likely to ward off diseases. Prepare for a great future by changing your eating habits right now.
Recipe of Ultimate Bacalaitos ( cod fish fritters )
Bacalaitos ( cod fish fritters ) is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Bacalaitos ( cod fish fritters ) is something which I've loved my whole life.
COD Fish fritters by spanish cooking. How to make Bacalaitos or Codfish Fritters. Make Bacalaítos, or fried codfish fritters, using a GOYA® recipe that will take this incredibly popular Puerto Rican food into your home kitchen.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have bacalaitos ( cod fish fritters ) using 8 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Bacalaitos ( cod fish fritters ):
- Prepare 1 packages of boneless cod fish.
- Make ready 3 cup of all purpose flour.
- Get 1 of adobo (goya).
- Prepare 1 envelope of sazon (goya).
- Get 1 tbsp of sofrito (use my sofrito recipe).
- Get 1 of black pepper.
- Get 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Take 1 of corn oil.
Originally on the Goya Foods web site. Remove cooked fish from liquid, shred and set aside to cool. Bacalaítos are a pan-Caribbean salt cod fritters. Bacalaítos is the Spanish name used for cod fritters in Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico.
Instructions to make Bacalaitos ( cod fish fritters ):
- put cod fish in a pot filled with water and boil for 20 minutes.
- drain water from pot and refill again with water put to boil for another 20 minutes.
- this time drain water into a bowl for later use.
- let cod fish cool to room temp.
- in a mixing bowl add your flour and baking powder.
- break up cod fish up cod fish with your fingers as much as u can and mix into your dry ingredients.
- add your sofrito and mix with your hands.
- start to add the broth from your mixture (some people tend to use a lot of that broth water I use some and just add regular water you don't want those fritters to be salty).
- mix until you get a nice pancake batter consistency.
- now u add sazon adobo and black pepper to taste and mix.
- in a frying pan heat up your corn oil to about 375° you want it nice and hot.
- start to pour it batter into the frying pan fry till each side is a golden color flipping over only once.
- put fritters on a paper towel or on a rack so oil can drain off and your fritters remain crispy.
Bacalaitos (Codfish Fritters) a delicious side dish that can substitute meat or fish in your Dominican meal. Our recipe and video make them Mixing: Crumble the cod very finely and discard cartilage, bones, and skin. Taste to see how much salt is left. In a deep container mix the cod, milk, starch. Salt cod does double duty in this fritter topped with piquant cod salsa.
If you decide that your health is important to you, you should take these tips to heart. The one thing that you ought to actually avoid is all of the processed foods which you can buy in the stores, and start preparing fresh foods for your meals.
So that's going to wrap it up with this exceptional food bacalaitos ( cod fish fritters ) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!