Arroz con Gandules / Rice w Pigeon Peas.
Hello everybody, it's Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, arroz con gandules / rice w pigeon peas. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
You will enjoy good health once you choose to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be rebuilt, and your body can become disease free. You can anticipate a healthy future by modifying your food choices today.
Recipe of Homemade Arroz con Gandules / Rice w Pigeon Peas
Arroz con Gandules / Rice w Pigeon Peas is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It's simple, it's quick, it tastes delicious. Arroz con Gandules / Rice w Pigeon Peas is something that I've loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook arroz con gandules / rice w pigeon peas using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Arroz con Gandules / Rice w Pigeon Peas:
- Get 1/4 cup of chopped Chorizo or Spicy Sausage (Salchichón).
- Prepare 1 can of (15 oz.) Gandules (Pigeon Peas).
- Prepare 1 clove of minced Garlic.
- Take 1/2 cup of chopped Red Onion.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of chopped Green Peppers.
- Get 1/4 cup of Roasted Red Peppers.
- Take 1 packages of Chicken Bullion.
- Take 1 packages of Sazon with Culantro and Achiote.
- Get 2 tbsp of of Sofrito.
- Take 1 tbsp of Adobo Goya.
- Get 1/2 tsp of dried Oregano.
- Get 2 tbsp of sliced Pimento stuffed Green Olives.
- Make ready 4 oz of Tomato Sauce.
- Get 1 bunch of Fresh Cilantro.
- Get 1 of Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Take 2 cup of White Rice (uncooked).
- Take 2 1/2 cup of Water.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Instructions to make Arroz con Gandules / Rice w Pigeon Peas:
- In a medium pot, on medium heat, add oil, sofrito, garlic, onions, green peppers, red peppers and chorizo. Cook until onions are translucent..
- Add tomato sauce, can of gandules (with liquid), green olives, adobo, chicken bullion, sazon and dried oregano. Stir thoroughly and cook covered for about 3 minutes..
- Add rice, water, cilantro and salt and pepper to taste. LEAVE UNCOVERED on medium heat until water is almost completely dissolved..
- As soon as water is almost dissolved, stir twice scooping from the bottom up and over. Cover and lower heat to low and cook for about 20 minutes. DO NOT UNCOVER LID. After 20 minutes, stir the rice. It should be fluffly and golden. If not, cover for 10 more minutes and voila!.
- Buen Provecho :-).
Also when you are trying to find a snack to hold you over between meals, reach for a handful of nuts or perhaps seeds. One of many health benefits of these kinds of nuts and seeds will be the Omega-3 and Omega-6 that can be found in them. These types of fatty acids are vital to helping your body create the proper levels of hormones your body needs for a healthy way of life. Some of these hormones that are needed are only able to be produced by having these fatty acids within your diet.
So that's going to wrap it up with this exceptional food arroz con gandules / rice w pigeon peas recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!