Turkish Style Green Lentils.
Hey everyone, hope you're having an amazing day today. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, turkish style green lentils. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I'm gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
When you put food into your mouth, are you concerned about the nutritional value or merely eat the food that tastes good at the time? Do you regularly eat junk food and a lot of fried foods from fast food places? Ingesting sugar and starches, and greasy foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are discovered all of the time? The things we are eating are causing obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of epidemic proportions. People are choosing to eat better now that they are aware of how crucial food choices are to their health. Now it is much easier to find quality foods by shopping at a local farmer's market or health food store.
Recipe of Any-night-of-the-week Turkish Style Green Lentils
Turkish Style Green Lentils is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It's easy, it's quick, it tastes yummy. They're fine and they look fantastic. Turkish Style Green Lentils is something which I've loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have turkish style green lentils using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Turkish Style Green Lentils:
- Get 1 lb (454 gr) of dry green lentils ( I used Goya brand).
- Get 2 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- Get 1 cup of Finely Chopped carrots.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic.
- Get 1 cup of Low sodium Chicken broth.
- Take of Water.
- Make ready of Salt and pepper.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of Dry mint.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Tomato paste.
Steps to make Turkish Style Green Lentils:
- Wash your lentils, soak in hot water until you finish with onion and carrots.
- Chop your onion , heat 1 spoon oil in a deep pot, stir until onion until change its color, add one spoon of tomato paste, stir..
- Add your carrot continue stirring, add lentils, about 3 minutes.
- Add your broth, boil some water in a kettle, add water until over lentils, ( reserve some water in kettle we may need more water later , ) add your salt and pepper and mint, stir . take a spoon and taste, if you need more salt add more..
- You let lentils boil , until soften, about 20 minutes, in this point you may taste , to check tenderness . If soft and need some water add more. After that You are done!.
Picking The Right Foods May Help You Stay Fit And Also Healthy
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food turkish style green lentils recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!