Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I'm gonna show you how to make a special dish, simmered okara. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I'm gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
You will enjoy great health as you decide to eat the green living way. Your body will be free of disease as your immune system gets healthier. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits today.
Easiest Way to Make Any-night-of-the-week Simmered Okara
Simmered Okara is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It's easy, it's fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Simmered Okara is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook simmered okara using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Simmered Okara:
- Take 150 g of fresh okara.
- Make ready 1/3 medium of carrot.
- Get 1/2 of burdock roots.
- Make ready 2 of shiitake mushrooms.
- Take 1 of abura-age (deep-fried tofu).
- Prepare 1 of chikuwa (if you have).
- Take 5 cm of Japanese leeks (cut into small pieces).
- Take 250 ml of dashi (The soaking liquid from shiitake mushrooms)*.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of sugar *.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of sake *.
- Take 1 Tbsp of soy sauce *.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of mirin *.
- Take 1 pinch of salt *.
- Get 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
Instructions to make Simmered Okara:
- Soak shiitake mushrooms in water for about 1 hour. (if no time, 30 mins is also OK).
- Peel carrot and cut into thin sticks. Scrub the burdock root with a brush (no need to peel) and cut into thin shreds (Soak them in water to remove the strong taste). Remove stems of shiitake mushrooms and slice thinly. Cut abura-age and chikuwa into short strips..
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, then put carrot and burdock root and stir fry for 2~3 mins and put shiitake mushrooms and saute. Add okara and cook thoroughly..
- Put abura-age, chikuwa and the * ingredients and bring to a simmer over medium ~ high heat, then lower the heat, and continue to simmer until the liquid is almost gone..
- Top with shredded leek to finish..
- For your reference: About dashi katsuo or niboshi or konbu dashi or mix is also tasty!.
Picking The Right Foods Can Help You Stay Fit As Well As Healthy
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food simmered okara recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!