Malai kofta. Malai means cream and kofta are fried balls. So malai kofta literally translates to koftas dunked in a creamy sauce. It is a popular Indian vegetarian dish in which potato paneer balls are served with a. "Malai Kofta is a classic North Indian dish.
In this delicious restaurant style malai kofta recipe, the kofta are made with paneer and potatoes. Malai = Heavy cream Kofta = meatballs. Malai Kofta - deep-fried paneer and potato balls, dunked in a creamy-smooth onion tomato based gravy!
Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, malai kofta. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Observing a green living eating plan will provide you with just what you need to become healthy and fit. Your body will ward off diseases as your immune system improves. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits today.
Recipe of Super Quick Homemade Malai kofta
Malai means cream and kofta are fried balls. So malai kofta literally translates to koftas dunked in a creamy sauce. It is a popular Indian vegetarian dish in which potato paneer balls are served with a. "Malai Kofta is a classic North Indian dish.
Malai kofta is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It's enjoyed by millions daily. It's easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Malai kofta is something that I've loved my whole life. They're fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have malai kofta using 27 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Malai kofta:
- Make ready of Kofta ingredients.
- Take 1 of . Paneer - 75 gms.
- Take 2 of . Boiled Potato - 2 medium size.
- Prepare 3 of . Corn flour 2 tbsp.
- Make ready 4 of . Anardana powder - 1 tsp.
- Take 5 of . Salt as per taste.
- Make ready 6 of . Cilantro chopped.
- Take 7 of . Red chilli powder - 1.5 tsp (or u can adjust taste as per spice level u want).
- Take 8 of . OPTIONAL - Dry fruits for Stuffing in kofta - almond, raisin & cashew nuts (coarsely chopped).
- Make ready of Gravy ingredients.
- Prepare 1 of . Chopped Onion - 1 medium to large size.
- Make ready 2 of . Chopped Tomato- 1 & 1/2 m to l size.
- Get 3 of . Garlic chopped - 1 tbsp.
- Prepare 4 of . Ginger chopped - 1/2 tbsp.
- Take 5 of . Green chilli - 1 tbsp.
- Make ready 6 of . Whole Black pepper - 8 to 10.
- Take 7 of . Whole Cashews - 8 to 10.
- Prepare 8 of . Cooking cream - 3 tbsp.
- Take 9 of . Ghee - 1 & 1/2 tbsp.
- Take 10 of . Oil - 1 & 1/2 tbsp.
- Get 11 of . Cumin seeds - 1 tsp.
- Make ready 12 of . Salt as per taste.
- Prepare 13 of . Red chilli powder - 1tbsp.
- Prepare 14 of . Dhaniya jeera powder - 1tsp.
- Take 15 of . Dry Kasuri methi leaves - 1 tsp.
- Prepare 16 of . Kali ilaichi / black cardamom.
- Get 17 of . Bay leaf.
Once you taste this curry you will make it again. This malai kofta recipe is a vegetarian delight made of paneer and potato balls in a rich tomato Mmmm. If you've been to an Indian restaurant lately, chances are you've ordered this. this recipe post of malai kofta recipe, i have used the aloo anyway, before wrapping up the recipe, i would like to include some tips, suggestions and variation to malai kofta recipe. firstly, i would heavily. Malai Kofta is a popular Indian vegetarian side dish made with kofta balls dunked in creamy tomato based gravy.
Steps to make Malai kofta:
- Method for kofta: - grate paneer and boiled potatoes (leave a small portion of grated potatoes to bind dry fruits), add all the ingredients except for dry fruits which needs to be used for stuffing. Combine everything. - Combine left over potato with dry fruits - Make small round balls of kofta and stuff dry fruits inside them - Roll it in dry maida flour and dust of excess flour - Deep fry them on medium to high heat until golden brown. Tip : add kofta only when u are about to eat.
- Method for gravy: - heat oil (1tbsp) and ghee in a pan. Add cumin seeds, black pepper corn, kali ilaichi, bay leaf once done add onions and sauté until golden. Add chopped garlic, ginger & green chilli. Give a stir. - Add chopped tomatoes, cashew nuts and stir. Add salt as per taste. Add 3/4th cup of water and cook it with close lid for 5-6 mins. Let it cool, remove bay leaf and kali ilaichi and grind it in a smooth paste - Strain the paste (use little water to easily strain it).
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a pan and then add 1 tbsp red chilli powder & strained gravy - Add water to make the gravy thin but not watery, add kasuri methi. Check if extra salt is required. Cook it for 4mins on medium heat to get good consistency - Add 2 tbsp cooking cream and cook for 2-3 mins. To serve plate kofta and pour gravy. use cream and chopped cilantro to present it.
Serve them with Naan bread or homemade flatbread! I have had malai kofta only once in my life time. And finally once got it too and thought I should post malai kofta in this. Silly right, but somehow I tried malai kofta as well. Malai Kofta is a classic North Indian dish originated from the Mughlai cuisine.
With regards to the foods that you eat, you will recognize that your overall health can be effected either positively or even negatively. Something that you should never eat no matter what is the various foods that you will acquire at all of those fast food places. These sorts of foods are loaded with bad fat and also have little or no nutritional value. That is why we are going to be going over the food items that you should be ingesting that will have a good effect on your health.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food malai kofta recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I'm confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!