Punjabi Saag -Makki Ki Roti. Today mom made the infamous MAKKI KI ROTI SARSON KA SAAG Authentic punjabi Dish vegetarians delight and its Super Healthy ! It is a popular punjabi flat bread made from corn flour and generally served with sarson da saag. Makki is a Punjabi word for maize (corn) and a yellow flour made from it is the base ingredient for this recipe.
Hot Makki roti with Sarson Ka Saag (a Punjabi dish) and a dollop of butter! Letâ€™s try this delicious maize roti today! How to make Makki KI Roti.
Hello everybody, I hope you're having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, punjabi saag -makki ki roti. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
One of the strongest points of adopting a green lifestyle is to slow down and bask in life. This is attainable regardless of how filled and frantic your life is. We must get back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. Regrettably, majority of people don't concern themselves about their health since they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. We're barraged with advertisements for magic pills that are claimed to fix any problem instantly. In reality, several of these pills can help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. When your body wears out, you cannot trade it in for a new one, like your car. You must take care of yourself while you have the ability to do so. Proper nutrition is important for your body to work at best levels.
Steps to Prepare Super Quick Homemade Punjabi Saag -Makki Ki Roti
Punjabi Saag -Makki Ki Roti is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It's enjoyed by millions every day. It's simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They're nice and they look wonderful. Punjabi Saag -Makki Ki Roti is something which I have loved my whole life.
Today mom made the infamous MAKKI KI ROTI SARSON KA SAAG Authentic punjabi Dish vegetarians delight and its Super Healthy ! It is a popular punjabi flat bread made from corn flour and generally served with sarson da saag. Makki is a Punjabi word for maize (corn) and a yellow flour made from it is the base ingredient for this recipe.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have punjabi saag -makki ki roti using 24 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Punjabi Saag -Makki Ki Roti:
- Make ready 1 bunch of mustard leaves (sarson).
- Take 1/2 bunch of bathua leaves (chenopodium).
- Take 1/2 bunch of spinach leaves.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped tender radish leaves (mooli ke patte).
- Take 2-3 inches of white radish root.
- Get 1 cup of fenugreek leaves, chopped.
- Take 2 of medium sized onions, chopped.
- Make ready 3 of medium sized tomatoes, chopped.
- Prepare 2 inches of ginger, chopped.
- Get 2 of green chilies, chopped.
- Take 7-8 of garlic, chopped.
- Make ready 2-3 of tomatoes.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- Make ready 1-2 pinch of asafoetida.
- Get 2-3 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of maize flour.
- Take As per taste of salt.
- Get For of tempering ( 3 servings).
- Take 1 of medium sized onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1-2 tablespoon of oil.
- Prepare For of Makki Ki Roti-.
- Prepare 3 cups of Makki ka Atta/ Corn Meal.
- Make ready 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Oil.
Knead dough just before preparing rotis. As a traditional punjabi dish, saag means green and sarso means mustard. Ingredients of Sarson Ka Saag Aur Makki Ki Roti: Along with a steaming hot makki roti and a dollop of butter or ghee this recipe is a yummy and lip smacking treat in winters. A mix of palak, bathua and sarson, pressure cooked and.
Instructions to make Punjabi Saag -Makki Ki Roti:
- Firstly clean and chop all the greens, then wash the greens well. In a pressure cooker or pan add all the ingredients listed under saag except for maize flour..
- Cover the pressure cooker and cook for 6-7 minutes or more. If cooking in a pan, then cover and let the greens cook till done. Do check occasionally..
- Pour the greens along with the stock and maize flour in a blender. Blend till smooth..
- In another pan, pour the pureed greens. Simmer for a good 25-30 minutes..
- Tempering for sarson ka saag. Chop onions and tomatoes. In another small pan, heat oil or ghee..
- Add the chopped onions and fry them till light brown. Add chopped tomatoes and sauté them till they get softened..
- Add the prepared saag. stir and simmer for a couple of minutes. stir ocaasionally.Add butter and mix it..
- For Makki Ki Roti--Mix makki ka atta, salt and vegetable oil in a bowl with your fingertips till everything is nicely combined. Add warm water and knead a soft dough. Cover and keep the dough aside for 10-15 minutes..
- Heat a griddle. Take a sheet of parchment paper. Divide the dough into 8-10 equal parts..
- Gently roll the dough into a 4-5 inch disc. Remove the roti along with the bottom parchment on the hot griddle. Gently remove the parchment. Cook the roti from both the sides till brown spots appear..
- Apply ghee on top. Serve hot with white butter, jaggery and sarson ka saag..
- Now prepare cone and fill with homemade butter and cream and make Chefs hat logo. Serve sarson ka saag hot with some chopped onions, whole green chilies and a dollop of butter with makki di roti, ghee and Shakker, homemade masala Gur and Chatti Ki Lassi..
Some people are great when working individually, while few others simply get fantastic results when in a team. Similarly few recipes are amazing all on their own, while the beauty of few others comes out when complimented by a fellow recipe. Mustard Saag is cooked in almost every home in winter season. The budding stems of the crop are used as greens (saag), cooked in villages almost on daily basis. This typically Punjabi dish tastes really nice with Makkai Ki Roti (corn meal flat bread) and a dollop of fresh butter.
Also when you are searching for a snack to hold you over between meals, reach for a handful of nuts or even seeds. Most nuts will have a lot of protein and you can additionally find that many nuts and seeds will even provide your system with vital Omega-3 and Omega-6. Omega-3 as well as Omega-6 are known as essential fatty acids and they're essential simply because your body uses these fatty acids to keep your hormone levels where they should be. Unless you get the fatty acids you will need your body will actually not be able to generate a few of the hormones that it requires.
So that's going to wrap this up with this special food punjabi saag -makki ki roti recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I'm confident that you will make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!