Kyoto White Miso Ozouni (Mochi Rice Cake Soup for New Years).
Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, kyoto white miso ozouni (mochi rice cake soup for new years). One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
You will enjoy good health as you choose to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be rebuilt, and your body can potentially be free of disease. Prepare for an awesome future by changing your eating habits today.
Steps to Prepare Award-winning Kyoto White Miso Ozouni (Mochi Rice Cake Soup for New Years)
Kyoto White Miso Ozouni (Mochi Rice Cake Soup for New Years) is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it's quick, it tastes delicious. Kyoto White Miso Ozouni (Mochi Rice Cake Soup for New Years) is something which I've loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have kyoto white miso ozouni (mochi rice cake soup for new years) using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Kyoto White Miso Ozouni (Mochi Rice Cake Soup for New Years):
- Take 1 of bit more than 1/2 a ladle full White miso.
- Get 500 ml of Dashi stock.
- Get 1 of as many (to taste) Round mochi rice cakes.
- Get 1 large of or 2 small Daikon radish for zouni (small thin daikon radish).
- Get 1/2 of Kintoki carrots (Kyoto carrots - bright red).
- Get 1 bag of Satoimo (taro root).
- Make ready 1 of Mentsuyu.
- Prepare 1 dash of Dashi stock granules.
Instructions to make Kyoto White Miso Ozouni (Mochi Rice Cake Soup for New Years):
- Wash the carrot and daikon radish and peel. Slice into 5 mm thick rounds, and boil. When cool, cut out into flower shapes..
- Dilute the mentsuyu according to the directions on the bottle. Add to pan with dashi granules and sataimo. Simmer until satoimo is tender. Let cool, and transfer to a container. In another pan, warm up 500 ml of dashi stock, and dissolve the white miso in it. (It's the same as making miso soup.).
- Put a small amount of water in a flat heatproof dish. Wet the mochi cakes quickly and line them up on the plate. Warm them in the microwave on both sides. (If warming 3, microwave on one side for 1 minute, and the other side for 30 seconds, at 600W.) After turning over, stop cooking as soon as they start to puff up..
- Put the mochi cakes in the miso soup from step 2. When they are a bit soft, ladle into soup bowls. Parboil the carrot, daikon radish, and satoimo. Add and serve immediately..
- If you cook the mochi cakes repeatedly in the white miso soup, they become very rich and sweet, so don't make a lot of soup at one time; just make as much as you are going to eat. It tastes better that way..
- This is a Kintoki carrot. Its other name is Kyo-ninjin (Kyoto carrot)..
- These are daikon radishes for zouni..
- About the satoimo used in Step 2: since we always make onishime (a simmer vegetable dish also served at New Years), we often just take out some of the satoimo in the onishime and add it to the ozouni. That kills 2 birds with 1 stone. If you are making ozouni only, follow this recipe..
The Meals You Choose To Eat Will Certainly Effect Your Health
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food kyoto white miso ozouni (mochi rice cake soup for new years) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I'm confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!