Hainan Chicken Rice (from scratch).
Hey everyone, it's Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we're going to prepare a distinctive dish, hainan chicken rice (from scratch). One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Most probably, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food section. This aisl is full of what are now recognized as superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been found to delay some diseases, or even reverse them. You will find that you think more clearly when you begin to eat these foods. You will start to feel a lot better when you opt to eat the superfoods in place of junk food. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will enable it to function well. When this happens, your immune system will easily fend off illnesses.
Recipe of Award-winning Hainan Chicken Rice (from scratch)
Hainan Chicken Rice (from scratch) is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Hainan Chicken Rice (from scratch) is something which I've loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook hainan chicken rice (from scratch) using 33 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Hainan Chicken Rice (from scratch):
- Make ready 1 of Whole Chicken.
- Take 2 cups of White Rice (unwashed, not soaked).
- Prepare 30 g of Garlic (minced).
- Make ready 40 g of Ginger (1 knob).
- Prepare 40 g of Spring Onions (3 stalks).
- Get 1/2 of Yellow Onion.
- Take 3 Litres of Water (for Stock).
- Make ready 0.5-1 cup of Water (for Schmaltz).
- Get 150 g of Nai Bai (Baby Bok Choy).
- Prepare as needed of Cooking Oil.
- Make ready as needed of Sesame Oil.
- Prepare as needed of Salt (1 tsp).
- Take of Pickles (mix well in a bowl);.
- Prepare 1 pc of Carrot (cut into matchsticks).
- Take 1 pc of Radish (cut into matchsticks).
- Take 1 pc of Cucumber (cut into matchsticks).
- Take 1/3 cup of Rice Vinegar.
- Make ready 2 tsp of Sugar.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare of Chilli & Garlic Dip (blend in a Food Processor);.
- Prepare 3 pc of Fresh Red Chillies (deseed, rough chop).
- Take 30 g of Garlic (rough chopped).
- Get 2 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- Take 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Get of Spring Onion & Ginger Dip (mix in a bowl);.
- Get 30 g of Spring Onion (minced).
- Take 20 g of Ginger (minced).
- Take 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Make ready of Ice Bath Marinade (mix in a bowl);.
- Take 3 Tbsp of Fish Sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Rice Vinegar.
- Get 1.5 cup of Stock.
- Take 2 of trays Ice.
Instructions to make Hainan Chicken Rice (from scratch):
- PICKLES; once you've cut the cucumber, radish and carrots into matchsticks, put them in a bowl and add 1/3 cup of rice vinegar, 2 tsp sugar and 1/2 tsp Salt. Mix well and serve in a saucer..
- SPRING ONION & GINGER DIP; Finely chop the Spring Onions, Ginger and then add 1/4 tsp Salt. Mix well in a bowl. In a saucepan, heat up 3 Tbsp of Cooking Oil until hot and then TURN OFF THE HEAT. Add the veggies to the oil and mix well. Serve it in a dipping bowl..
- CHILLI & GARLIC DIP; combine 3 fresh Red Chillies (deseeded), 30g of Garlic, 2 Tbsp of Cooking Oil and 1/4 Salt in a food processor or chopper extension and blitz until fine. Serve in a dipping bowl. FUN FACT; this is also a version of a Spicy Aioli Dip..
- BUTCHERING; A simpler way is to parboil the chicken and then debone it but then the cooking time will take too long. Instead, debone the entire chicken first; separate the bones, the extra skin and fats from the carcass, and the meat. Keep the skin on with the meat cuts and discard the head, the feet and the innards. SEASON the Chicken Meat with 1 tsp Salt and set aside..
- STOCK; In a stock pot, add 3 litre of water, yellow onion, 1 knob of Ginger, 3 stalks spring onion and chicken bones. Bring it to a boil and let it cook on a rolling boil for 10 minutes. Remember to skim off the scum from the surface..
- POACH; After 10 minutes, turn down the heat to a simmer (80 Celcius/180 Fahrenheit). Put in the chicken and cover with a lid. Poach the chicken meat for 10-15 minutes. To check whether the chicken is done, take a skewer and poke the thickest middle part. Place the skewer on your lips to test the heat. If it's hot then it's done. Remove and proceed to the Ice Bath..
- ICE BATH; Prepare a bowl with Ice, 1.5 cup Stock, Fish Sauce, Rice Vinegar and marinate the Chicken Meat for 20 minutes. The ice bath will shock the skin and give it a better texture as well as marinating the chicken..
- SCHMALTZ; Cut up the Chicken Skin into pieces. In a wok, heat up the chicken fats with with 1/2 cup water (or more) and cook until the liquid has turned yellow, the skins have browned, the water has evaporated and the fats are sizzling. Discard the skins and proceed to saute the garlic..
- SAUTE GARLIC & RICE; add 30g of Garlic into the pot with Schmaltz and fry it until fragrant. Then add 2 cups of White Rice. Mix well and toss for a minute..
- COOK THE RICE; add 2 cups of Stock in the rice pot with 1/4 tsp of Salt (2 pinches). Cook on low heat until all the moisture has left. When the liquid is gone, turn off the heat and comb the rice. Cover with a lid and let it rest for 10 minutes..
- BABY BOK CHOY; Discard the Bones, Yellow Onion, Spring Onions and Ginger from the Stock. Season the stock with 1/4 tsp of Salt. Blanch the Baby Bok Choy in the simmering stock for 30 seconds. Remove and set aside. The Stock can be served as soup accompanying the Chicken Rice..
- ASSEMBLY; Remove the Chicken from the ice bath, cut into serving pieces, brush with sesame oil and serve it on a plate. Serve the Rice in a serving bowl and garnish it with chopped spring onions. Pair the Chicken Rice with Pickles, Chilli & Garlic Dip, Spring Onion & Ginger Dip..
- Bless you and your house for reading this far ðŸ‘?ðŸ‘?.
While some of you like to have your snack foods, as opposed to reaching for the potato chips try getting some nuts. Almost all nuts will have plenty of protein and you can additionally find that many nuts and seeds will also provide your body with essential Omega-3 and Omega-6. Omega-3 as well as Omega-6 are known as essential fatty acids and they're essential mainly because your body utilizes these kinds of fatty acids to keep your hormone levels where they should be. A few of these hormones that are needed are only able to be created by having these fatty acids throughout your diet.
So that's going to wrap it up for this exceptional food hainan chicken rice (from scratch) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don't forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!