Pork hock vege stew. This dish is simply pork pata (or pork legs) that are slow cooked with potatoes, carrots, tomato sauce and spices. It is a perfect lunch treat that I like to have Combine all the ingredients in a slow cooker. Start with the pork hocks, tomato sauce, bell pepper, tomato, carrots, and the rest of the ingredients.
The Best Pork Hocks Recipes on Yummly Smoked Pork Hocks With Horseradish-garlic Mashed Potatoes, Pork Hock With Braised Greens, Black-eyed Pea And Ham Hock Soup. Pork hocks Potatoes Greens or cabbage, if desired.
Hello everybody, I hope you're having an amazing day today. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, pork hock vege stew. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I'm gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Following a green living meal plan will offer you precisely what you need to become healthy and fit. You will see that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to ward off disease. Prepare for a healthy future by modifying your eating habits today.
Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Ultimate Pork hock vege stew
Pork hock vege stew is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it's fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They're nice and they look fantastic. Pork hock vege stew is something that I have loved my entire life.
This dish is simply pork pata (or pork legs) that are slow cooked with potatoes, carrots, tomato sauce and spices. It is a perfect lunch treat that I like to have Combine all the ingredients in a slow cooker. Start with the pork hocks, tomato sauce, bell pepper, tomato, carrots, and the rest of the ingredients.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have pork hock vege stew using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Pork hock vege stew:
- Make ready 1 kg of Pork hock.
- Take of Potato.
- Prepare 1 of White Radish (Daikon).
- Get 2 of Carrots.
- Get 5 of Shiitake mushrooms.
- Make ready 1 handful of Lotus seed.
- Prepare of Sliced Lotus root.
- Get 2 of good size Bok Choys.
- Make ready of Salt.
Cover pork hocks with seasoned boiling water. Chinese braised pork hock is one of my favorite home-cooked Chinese dishes, stewed for hours in soy sauce, rock sugar and Chinese Gimme gimme more! Pork hocks go right there on that list. Also known as pork ankle, this delectable cut of meat is comprised of.
Instructions to make Pork hock vege stew:
- In a large pot, boil the pork hock until bubbly. Drain the water and clean the pork thoroughly under cold water. Do this step TWICE..
- Move the pork into a slow/pressure cooker and fill water to cover the pork. If you don't have one, just use a large pot..
- If you use dried Shiitake, rinse and soak them with hot water..
- Peel and cut daikon, carrots, bok choy and potatoes into big cubes..
- Boil the daikon for a few minutes to lighten the smell and taste..
- Add daikon, shiitake, lotus seed and carrots into the pot with the pork hock..
- Add 1 table spoon of salt..
- If you use slow cooker, set it to 2h. If you use pressure cooker, cook for 30-45mins until the pork is soft. If you use normal pot, bring the pot to boil and shimmer for 2h..
- Put the potatoes, lotus root and bok choy in, stir a little for them to be soaked in stock and cook for another 1 hour if you use slow cooker or pot; 15-20mins or until the potatoes are soft if you use pressure cooker..
- Serve with rice, bread, egg noodle or just by itself if you put a lot of potatoes in..
Pork hock may be the front or hind leg and may or may not include the knuckles. The front hock is preferred since it is meatier. Note, though, that it is the tendons in the knuckles that gives the sauce of this sweet sour pork hock stew its distinctively rich and rather sticky texture. Pork hock is a very inexpensive and tough piece of meat that is loaded with connective tissue, ligaments and muscle fibers. When cooked low and slow, however, it yields fork-tender meat and a very flavorful broth that is useful for making stews and soups.
Although most of you have been told again and again that vegetables are good for you, and there is a very good reason why. Potassium is one of the things that you will find in various vegetables, and naturally they also contain many various vitamins and minerals you will additionally need. One of the veggies that will provide the potassium you need is broccoli. You will also discover that a salad, made with spinach rather than lettuce, can provide your body with many more necessary nutrients.
So that's going to wrap it up with this special food pork hock vege stew recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I'm confident that you will make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!