Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp.
Hey everyone, hope you're having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, japanese katsu curry - chicken, pork & shrimp. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I'm gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Your daily diet should contain at least some of these super foods. First off, beans are excellent, and berries, in particular blueberries. Next, add a few green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Include whole food grains and nuts. Make sure you eat proteins such as soy, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. By eating these superfoods daily, you should get rid of any weight gain problems.
Steps to Prepare Super Quick Homemade Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp
Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It's easy, it's fast, it tastes delicious. It's appreciated by millions every day. Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp is something that I've loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook japanese katsu curry - chicken, pork & shrimp using 25 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp:
- Take of KATSU FRY:.
- Get 1 piece of Chicken Breast.
- Get 7 pieces of Shrimp.
- Get 2 pieces of Pork Cutlet.
- Prepare 1-2 pieces of Egg.
- Get 1 cup of All-Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of Breadcrumbs.
- Make ready 2 cups of Oil.
- Make ready of Iodized Salt.
- Take of Ground Black Pepper.
- Make ready of CURRY SAUCE:.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Oil.
- Get 1 of bulb Garlic.
- Prepare 2 pieces of White Onion.
- Make ready 2 pieces of Carrot.
- Get 2 pieces of Potato.
- Make ready 1 piece of Red Bell Pepper.
- Get 1 liter of Water.
- Prepare 4 cubes of Curry Roux.
- Prepare 3 tbsps of Honey.
- Prepare 3 tbsps of Tomato Ketchup.
- Take of SIDES:.
- Take 3 cups of Rice.
- Make ready 3 pieces of Egg.
- Take of Fukujinzuke.
Steps to make Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp:
- PREPARE THE VEGETABLES: Chop the garlic. Slice the onion. Cut the carrot and potatoes into cubes, about 1-inch thick. Cut the bell pepper into squares, about 3/4-inch. ©homebasedchef.
- COOK THE CURRY SAUCE: Heat the pot over medium-high heat (160C). Add oil and sauté the garlic, followed by the onion. Add the carrots, potatoes and bell pepper and continue to stir for 5 minutes. Add 1L of water and boil for about 10 minutes. Lower down the heat (120C) and add in the curry roux. Mix very well to make sure that the curry roux are all diluted..
- Add in the honey and tomato ketchup and mix well. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure that the sauce doesn't stick on the bottom of the pot. The sauce will start to thicken. Turn the heat to low (70C) and continue cooking for 5-10 more minutes until the carrots and potatoes are cooked to your desired tenderness. You'll notice that the potatoes become smaller compared to its original cut size; the starch of the potato actually helps thicken the sauce..
- PREPARE THE MEATS FOR THE KATSU FRY: Make sure to wash the chicken, shrimp and pork with clean water and then drain them. To split the chicken breast in half: Place the boneless skinless chicken breast on a cutting board and hold it flat with your non-dominant hand. Then using a sharp knife, slice the chicken breast horizontally into two even pieces. Season with salt and pepper..
- To butterfly the shrimp: Pull off the heads and legs then peel off the shell leaving the tails on. Gently run the knife at the shrimp's back and remove the digestive tract or vein by lifting it out or by using a paper towel. If the vein breaks, run water through it to clean. Then make shallow slits on the shrimp to flatten and spread it like butterfly wings. Season with salt and pepper..
- To tenderize the pork: Make sure you have removed the skin to avoid curling when frying. Use the mallet to break up the muscle fibers of the meat. Do this on both sides of the meat until the thickness is reduced to half. If you don't have a mallet, you can use: a knife, a fork or your fist. Season with salt and pepper..
- BREAD THE MEAT: Prepare your breading assembly line. You need three bowls or containers - for all-purpose flour, beaten egg, and breadcrumbs. Cover the meat in flour and shake off the excess. Dip the meat in the egg. Cover the meat in breadcrumbs..
- COOK THE KATSU FRY: Heat frying oil in a pan. Make sure it is hot enough before you place your meat in it. To test, when you see the oil producing bubbles on the surface of the pan, drop a small piece of breadcrumb. If the oil reacts as desired, you can start frying. If the sample breadcrumb seems to absorb to oil, wait a bit til the oil is ready. Deep fry the meat until golden brown, make sure to flip on the other side for even cooking... chicken, shrimp and pork are pretty fast to cook..
- SERVE TO YOUR FAMILY: Curry is best served with steamed rice! Grab a plate, scoop a cup of steamed rice and spread it on the left part of the plate. Scoop a portion of the curry sauce, make sure to include potatoes, carrots and bell pepper and place it on the right part of the plate overlapping some of the rice. Place your preferred katsu meat on top of the curry sauce. And for the sides, you can add soft-boiled egg and fukujinzuke or pickled daikon radish. YUM!.
Citrus fruit will be one of the better things that you could have for your desserts, rather than having a piece of cake or even ice cream. In addition to vitamin C, you will realize that there are plenty of other health benefits that you will find in these kinds of fruits. One desert that I have always loved is orange pieces blended together with shredded coconut and mixed together with a light honey dressing.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food japanese katsu curry - chicken, pork & shrimp recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I'm confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!