East African Breakfast Platter.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, east african breakfast platter. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
When you eat, are you concerned about the nutritional value or just eat whatever tastes good at the time? How frequently do you eat at your local fast food joint or get junk food at the local mini mart? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and fatty food that almost all people eat, it's not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and a lot others, likely caused by the foods that are consumed. People are opting to eat better now that they realize how essential food choices are to their health. Now it is a lot easier to find quality foods by going to a local farmer's market or health food store.
Easiest Way to Make Ultimate East African Breakfast Platter
East African Breakfast Platter is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It's enjoyed by millions daily. It's simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. East African Breakfast Platter is something which I've loved my entire life. They're nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook east african breakfast platter using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make East African Breakfast Platter:
- Take For of Mandazi / Mahamri (Doughnuts).
- Prepare 1 cup of plain flour.
- Take 2 tbsp of butter.
- Get pinch of salt.
- Get 3 tbsp of powdered sugar.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Make ready 1 of egg.
- Take 1/4 tsp. of cardamom powder.
- Prepare as required of warm milk.
- Take as required of oil to deep fry.
- Prepare For of Uji Wa Wimbi (Porridge):.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of millet flour (I used Sorghum / Jowar flour).
- Prepare 2 + 1/2 cup of water.
- Take 2-3 tbsp. of sugar / honey or to taste.
- Take 1/4 tsp. of cardamom powder.
- Get For of Fried Nduma (Arrowroot):.
- Make ready 2-3 of Arbi, boiled, peeled & cut into thick slices.
- Make ready pinch of salt.
- Get pinch of pepper or to taste.
- Take 2 tbsp. of oil to shallow fry.
- Prepare For of Fried Sweet Potato:.
- Take 1 of medium size sweet potato, boiled, peeled & cut into thick slices.
- Take pinch of salt.
- Get pinch of pepper powder or to taste.
- Make ready 2 tbsp. of oil to shallow fry.
Instructions to make East African Breakfast Platter:
- Mandazi - Mix together flour and butter till it resembles bread crumbs. Then add all the other ingredients (except milk) and knead into a dough. Add milk if required. Cover with a damp cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes..
- Divide the dough into two equal portions. Roll out each portion into a circle of 1/4" thickness. Cut into squares with a pizza cutter..
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry in batches till till light golden in colour. Drain on a kitchen towel and dust with some powdered sugar. Enjoy for breakfast with a hot cup of tea / coffee..
- Uji Wa Wimbi - Bring 2 cups water to a boil. Meanwhile mix together millet flour and 1/2 cup water into a paste..
- When the water comes to a boil, add the sugar/ honey and cardamom powder. Simmer till the sugar dissolves..
- Then add the flour paste and continue to simmer on a low flame till it turns thick to a desired consistency. Switch off the flame and serve as breakfast, garnished with a pinch of cardamom powder..
- Nduma - Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the sliced arrowroot on both sides till they are light golden in colour. Drain and sprinkle salt and pepper. Your simple breakfast is ready..
- Fried Sweet Potato - Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the sliced sweet potato on both sides till they are light golden in colour. Drain and sprinkle salt and pepper. So Breakfast is ready..
Citrus fruit will be one of the greatest things that you could have for your desserts, as opposed to having a piece of cake or ice cream. All of the nutrition in citrus fruit, including vitamin C, are also required for looking after your health. You may also want to put together a couple of things like orange sections, shredded coconut combined with a teaspoon of honey.
So that's going to wrap this up for this exceptional food east african breakfast platter recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!