Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, rava idli. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of going green that numerous folks appreciate. This is possible regardless of how busy and hectic your life is. We have to take a step back and prevent diseases before they develop. Numerous individuals have the attitude of ruining the body today, and heal it with a pill the next day. We're bombarded with adverts for magic pills that are claimed to fix any problem instantly. There are certain pills that help, but only if you make a number of essential alterations in your life. When your body stops working properly, you cannot obtain a healthy body. You shouldn't delay or it will be too late to take goood care of yourself. Proper nutrition is essential for your body to function at optimum levels.
Easiest Way to Prepare Award-winning Rava Idli
Rava Idli is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it's quick, it tastes yummy. They're nice and they look fantastic. Rava Idli is something which I've loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have rava idli using 7 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Rava Idli:
- Prepare 1 cup of Parboiled Rice (idli-dosa rice or short-grain rice).
- Prepare 1 cup of Basmati Rice (or any rice).
- Take 1/2 cup of Whole Urad Dal (skinned) or split Urad Dal.
- Get 1/4 cup of Poha (flattened rice / aval).
- Take 1/2 tablespoon of Fenugreek Seeds (methi).
- Get to taste of Salt.
- Take as needed of Oil, for greasing.
Steps to make Rava Idli:
- Rinse urad dal and fenugreek seeds in water for 2-3 times..
- Soak urad dal, fenugreek seeds and poha (flattened rice) together in 1-cup water for 4-5 hours. (Dal’s size and volume would increase to almost double after soaking.).
- Rinse both parboiled and basmati rice together in water for 3-4 times. (Place both types of rice in a large bowl and fill it with water till ¾th height. Rub rice grains between your fingers; this will make water turn cloudy. Drain the water and repeat the process for 3-4 times to rinse them properly.) Soak them together in 2-cups of water for around 4-5 hours..
- Drain excess water from soaked urad dal and reserve it to use in grinding process in next step. Transfer drained dal and fenugreek seeds into large jar of mixer grinder or wet grinder..
- Add 1/2 cup water (preserved in step-4) and grind until smooth texture. Gradually add more water (as needed) and grind until smooth and fluffy texture. To grind 1/2 cup urad dal, you would need approx. 1½ cup water. The amount of water required greatly depends on the quality of urad dal; so add water gradually and only as required. Ground dal mixture should have light and fluffy texture as shown in photo and it should not be very thin or very thick..
- Transfer it into a large container..
- Drain excess water from rice. Add drained rice in the same mixer-grinder or wet grinder jar..
- Add water in small quantities as needed (approx. 1/2 cup total) and grind until slightly coarse texture..
- Transfer ground rice mixture to the same container in which urad dal mixture is stored..
- Add salt and mix it well. Batter should not be very thick or very thin. Idlis will turn hard if batter is too thick, and idlis will turn flat if batter is too thin. Cover it with a plate and keep it in warm place (at room temperature in summer, and in warm place in winter) for 8-10 hours. If you are living in cold place, place the batter in oven and keep the oven light on..
- Size and volume of batter would increase as it ferments..
- Stir the fermented batter with a clean ladle or a large spoon. You should see the tiny air bubbles in the batter as shown in the photo. These tiny air bubbles are critical to make idlis soft and spongy..
- Check batter for salt and if required, add more salt and stir. Pour 1-2 glass water in the steamer and place it on the stove to heat over medium flame. Grease idli moulds with oil and pour batter over it..
- Place moulds in the steamer. Cover steamer with a lid and steam the idlis for 10 minutes over medium flame. Check whether idlis are cooked or not by inserting a knife or a toothpick in the center of idli take it out. If it comes out clean, it means idli is cooked; if it doesn’t, then idli is not cooked yet; steam it for 3-4 minutes more and check again..
- Remove idli moulds from the steamer and let them cool for few minutes. Remove idlis with a wet spoon; this will help you remove it easily from the mould..
- Transfer them to a plate or in a casserole and cover with a lid to keep them hot. Serve hot with sambar and coconut chutney in the breakfast..
For people who want to get started living a healthier life the tips above will be able to help you do that. The one thing that you ought to actually avoid is all of the processed foods that you can easily purchase in the stores, and start preparing fresh foods for your meals.
So that's going to wrap this up for this special food rava idli recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don't forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!