Hey everyone, it's Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, poha chivda. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
You will enjoy good health when you choose to eat the green living way. Your body will ward off diseases as your immune system improves. You can look forward to a healthy future by modifying your food choices now.
Recipe of Award-winning Poha Chivda
Poha Chivda is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It's easy, it's quick, it tastes yummy. It's appreciated by millions daily. Poha Chivda is something which I've loved my entire life. They're nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have poha chivda using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Poha Chivda:
- Make ready for of Poha Chivda-.
- Make ready 2 cups of thin poha (aval or flattened rice).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of peanuts.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of roasted chana dal (roasted split chickpeas).
- Make ready 1/3 cup of oil - for deep frying.
- Prepare For of Tempering Poha Chivda-.
- Make ready 14-15 of curry leaves.
- Get 2 of green chilies - sliced or chopped.
- Make ready 1 of generous pinch of asafoetida (hing).
- Take 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Make ready 2 teaspoons of sugar or powdered sugar.
- Take 1-1.5 teaspoons of salt or add as required.
- Take 1/2 tablespoon of oil - for tempering.
Instructions to make Poha Chivda:
- Roasting Poha For Chivda Recipe Measure all the ingredients and keep them separately in a plate or bowl. Heat a wide, thick-bottomed pan or kadhai with a handle. Keep the flame to a low. Then add 2 cups of thin poha or rice flakes in it..
- Roast the poha. Gently shake the pan so that the poha gets evenly roasted, as constant stirring with a spoon might break the poha. Since they are papery, light and delicate. Within 3 to 4 minutes the poha flakes will change their texture and become crisp. Don't roast the poha on a high flame. Since on a high flame, the poha may get browned or burned. Don't brown the poha. Remove the roasted poha on a plate and place it aside..
- Frying peanuts For Poha Chivda Heat oil for deep frying in a small pan or tadka pan. I have used a tadka pan. Alternatively, you could use a wide pan and use a fine sieve ladle to fry the nuts. Add peanuts and fry them till they become crisp. Remove them with a slotted spoon. Place in another dish or bowl. Now fry the roasted chana dal for some seconds, till they become crisp. Remove them with a slotted spoon. Place in the same dish or bowl..
- Tempering And Mixing Poha Chivda Heat ½ tablespoon of oil in the same pan or kadhai in which the poha flakes were roasted. Lower the flame. Add curry leaves, green chilies and a generous pinch of asafoetida. Stir and saute, till the chilies and curry leaves become crisp. Saute on a low flame. Then add sprinkle ¼ turmeric powder and 1 to 1.5 teaspoons salt or add salt as per taste. Now add 2 teaspoons of powdered sugar or sugar..
- On a low flame, stir till the powdered sugar starts caramelizing. Then add the roasted poha along with the fried ingredients - peanuts and chana dal. Shake the pan so that everything gets mixed. If stirring, the stir gently and lightly. Saute for 4 to 5 minutes. Preferably shake & mix the chivda mixture by shaking the pan. If stirring, then gently stir. Don't apply too much force while stirring else the poha flakes might break..
- Switch off the flame. Let the poha chivda sit in the hot pan for 1 to 2 mins more. Then remove the poha chivda in another plate and let it cool at room temperature. Once cooled, then store in an air-tight box and container. Serve the chivda as a tea time snack..
Your State Of Health Can Be Effected By The Foods You Decide To Consume
So that's going to wrap this up with this exceptional food poha chivda recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I'm sure that you will make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!