Kaande Matar Pohe (Savory Flattened Rice With Green Peas).
Hey everyone, it's me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we're going to make a distinctive dish, kaande matar pohe (savory flattened rice with green peas). One of my favorites. For mine, I'm gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
You will enjoy good health when you choose to eat the green living way. You will discover that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to fight against disease. You can anticipate a healthy future by modifying your food choices today.
Recipe of Speedy Kaande Matar Pohe (Savory Flattened Rice With Green Peas)
Kaande Matar Pohe (Savory Flattened Rice With Green Peas) is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it's quick, it tastes yummy. It's enjoyed by millions daily. They're nice and they look wonderful. Kaande Matar Pohe (Savory Flattened Rice With Green Peas) is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook kaande matar pohe (savory flattened rice with green peas) using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Kaande Matar Pohe (Savory Flattened Rice With Green Peas):
- Get 1 1/2 cups of Thick Pohe (Thick Flattened Rice).
- Make ready 4 of Medium Onion Chopped.
- Take 1 of Large Potato Cubed.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of Green Peas (Mataar).
- Take 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sugar.
- Make ready To Taste of Salt.
- Prepare of For The Tempering :.
- Take 5 tbs of Oil.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of Asafoetida.
- Take 3 of Green Chillies.
- Take 1 sprig of Curry Leaves.
- Make ready of For Garnishing :.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of Stir Fried Peanuts.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Fresh Grated Coconut.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of Chopped Fresh Coriander.
Instructions to make Kaande Matar Pohe (Savory Flattened Rice With Green Peas):
- To make Kaanda Matar Pohe, first chop the onions into 3/4" long slices and slit the green chillies lengthwise or chop them into medium pieces..
- Cube the potatoes and immerse them in clean water. Drain and set aside..
- Soak the thick pohe in sufficient water for about a minute or two or till they turn slightly soft. Rinse immediately and squeeze out all water from the pohe in batches before they turn soggy and set aside..
- Or, if using a thinner variety of pohe, place them in a sieve and just drizzle with little water. Shuffle slightly and set aside till further use..
- Heat the oil for tempering in a kadhai and stir fry the raw peanuts in it. When done, set aside till further use..
- Heat a pan for cooking the pohe and add oil to it. Add the mustard seeds and as soon as they splutter, add the asafoetida, green chillies and the curry leaves..
- Stir and add the cubed potatoes. Cook till the potatoes are slightly browned..
- At this stage, add the chopped onions. Add just a little salt and cook for 5-7 minutes. Add the turmeric powder and stir for a while..
- Now add the green peas and mix well. Cover and cook stirring occasionally, till the potatoes and peas are fully cooked..
- Add the sugar and give it a good stir. Add the pohe/flattened rice, salt to taste and mix..
- Cover and cook on low heat for a minute or two. Uncover and give it a good mix. Check the seasoning and add salt or sugar, if required..
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve the delicious Kaanda Mataar Pohe topped with fresh grated coconut, chopped coriander leaves and some crunchy stir fried peanuts with a slight squeeze of lemon juice!.
Everybody likes to have dessert after their meals and if you are one of those people you may want to consider some citrus fruit. Together with vitamin C, you will realize that there are lots of other health benefits that you will find in these kinds of fruits. You may also want to mix a few things like orange sections, shredded coconut combined with a teaspoon of honey.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food kaande matar pohe (savory flattened rice with green peas) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!