Steamed Poha/ Steamed flattened Rice (Indorie style poha).
Hello everybody, hope you're having an incredible day today. Today, we're going to make a distinctive dish, steamed poha/ steamed flattened rice (indorie style poha). One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
When you eat, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or simply eat the food that tastes good at the time? How many times a week do you eat at your local fast food joint or purchase junk food at the local convenience store? Eating sugar and starches, and greasy foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are discovered all of the time? There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and several others, possibly induced by the foods that are eaten. People are becoming increasingly health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. Now it is a lot easier to find quality foods by going to a local farmer's market or health food store.
Step-by-Step Guide to Make Quick Steamed Poha/ Steamed flattened Rice (Indorie style poha)
Steamed Poha/ Steamed flattened Rice (Indorie style poha) is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it's quick, it tastes delicious. Steamed Poha/ Steamed flattened Rice (Indorie style poha) is something which I've loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook steamed poha/ steamed flattened rice (indorie style poha) using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Steamed Poha/ Steamed flattened Rice (Indorie style poha):
- Make ready 2 cup of Flattened Rice.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Black Mustard.
- Get 2 of Green chilli (finely chopped).
- Get 1/3 cup of Roasted Peanuts.
- Take 2 tbsp of Coriander leaves (finely chopped).
- Take 7-8 of Curry Leaves.
- Take 1 of Lemon.
- Get 1/4 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Oil.
- Make ready 2 tsp of Sugar.
- Make ready to taste of Salt.
- Get 2 of Onion chopped.
- Get 2 of Tomatoes chopped.
- Make ready 2 of Potato chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Peas Frozen.
Instructions to make Steamed Poha/ Steamed flattened Rice (Indorie style poha):
- Steam Poha- In a mixing bowl take 2 cups medium thickness poha. Wash and soak it, then drain out water. repeat this and drain water instantly.Do not keep the poha in water for long.Keep 1 tsp water in it. This will helps in poha to puff up..
- Now add sugar and salt. Mix all ingredients well. Add half a lemon's juice i.e 2 tsp juice to the poha, mix well.Keep it aside for 5 minutes,then stir it again..
- After 5 minutes, Toss the poha with the spoon and spread it..
- In a big vessel big place the colander filled with poha. Fill the vessel with 2 to 2.5 cup water and heat it. Turn on flame and cover the vessel with lid, so that it boils up quickly..
- Place and spread the poha in a colander.Steam it on medium flame. Cook the poha on medium flame for 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes, poha is cooked and ready.Turn off the flame.Take out the poha in a serving bowl..
- For tempering, heat a tadka pan with oil. When it gets sufficiently hot, add mustard seeds, chopped curry leaves, finely chopped de seeded green chilies..
- Add chopped onions, saute it and then add frozen peas and tomatoes and turmeric powder..
- Cook it for a while till tomatoes goes tender and soft. Tempering is ready..
- Add tempering to poha and mix it. Take it out in a plate..
- Serving: Yummy and healthy steamed Poha is ready.Sprinkle a little namkeen sev over it(optional), some roasted peanuts and green coriander for garnishing..
In addition when it comes to having a dessert after your meals you should consider having various citrus fruits. In addition to vitamin C, you will realize that there are lots of other health benefits that you will find in these types of fruits. You may also want to combine a couple of things like orange sections, shredded coconut mixed with a teaspoon of honey.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food steamed poha/ steamed flattened rice (indorie style poha) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!