Hey everyone, hope you're having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, hellfire gumbo. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what you are eating is beneficial for you? How often do you eat mini mart junk food, or fatty fried foods from the local fast food joints? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and fatty food that almost all people eat, it's not surprising that new diseases are discovered on a regular basis. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and several others, perhaps caused by the foods that are eaten. Many people are realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more health conscious. Nutritious food is now being sold at local grocery and health food markets.
Easiest Way to Make Perfect Hellfire Gumbo
Hellfire Gumbo is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It's easy, it's quick, it tastes yummy. It's appreciated by millions every day. They're fine and they look wonderful. Hellfire Gumbo is something which I've loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have hellfire gumbo using 23 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Hellfire Gumbo:
- Prepare 1 of large yellow onion.
- Make ready 8 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Red bell pepper.
- Get 4 of chicken breasts (bone in skin on).
- Prepare 2 lb of Pork Andouille Sausages.
- Make ready 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes.
- Make ready 1/2 lb of Okra.
- Take 2 of Habanero peppers.
- Get 1 cup of flour.
- Get 1 cup of bacon grease.
- Prepare 3 stalk of Celery.
- Take of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare of white pepper.
- Take of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of sea salt.
- Get of thyme.
- Take of parsley flakes.
- Make ready of worcestershire sauce.
- Take of garlic powder.
- Make ready of gumbo filé.
- Prepare 2 cup of rice.
- Prepare 4 of bay leaf.
Instructions to make Hellfire Gumbo:
- In a large pot cover chicken breasts with water, bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes. For the last 10 minutes drop in the sausages, piercing them about 3 times in front and back with a knife before..
- Pierce the habanero peppers with a knife and put them in the pot. Leave in the pot during entire cooking time to flavor the Gumbo then remove before serving..
- Mince garlic and finely chop about 1/4 of the onion, set aside separately for the roux.
- Chop up the remaining onion,red and green bell peppers and celery and add to the pot..
- Remove chicken and sausage from pot and set aside.
- Add can of fire roasted tomatoes and all seasonings to taste, to the pot, except for the Gumbo Filé.
- In a large iron skillet, heat bacon grease on a medium to high flame, when grease is hot gradually stir in flour. This mix of grease and flour is the roux, and is a crucial part of the outcome of the Gumbo, try not to burn it. Keep stirring this mix for at least 10 minutes or until the roux starts to turn a light brown color, then add the onions, stir for another 5 minutes and add the garlic and continue to stir until the roux reaches a milk chocolatey color, also try not to let the garlic burn.
- Once the roux is a nice brown color with caramelized onions and garlic, transfer the roux from the skillet to the Gumbo pot and stir in..
- Chop Okra I to 1/2 inch pieces and add to the Gumbo.
- Take skin off the chicken and remove it from the bones and shred with your hands. Brown sausages on the skillet on high heat for about 6 minutes, chop into 1/2 inch slices and add to the Gumbo..
- Add Gumbo filé to taste, serve with rice and/or french bread and butter and enjoy. Garnish with habanero if you dare!.
By following a few of the suggestions above you will find that you'll be living a healthier life. Also if you eliminate all the refined food that you really should not be eating anyway, you might find that you could end up living a longer life.
So that's going to wrap it up with this special food hellfire gumbo recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!