Slow Smothered Pork Chops.
Hey everyone, hope you're having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, slow smothered pork chops. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Do you eat because food is available and you savor the taste or do you decided to eat healthy foods? Do you regularly eat junk food and lots of fried foods from fast food restaurants? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and fatty food that virtually all people consume, it's not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and several others, likely triggered by the foods that are eaten. People are deciding to eat better now that they realize how essential food choices are to their health. Nutritious food is now being sold at local grocery and health food shops.
Recipe of Homemade Slow Smothered Pork Chops
Slow Smothered Pork Chops is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is easy, it's fast, it tastes delicious. It's enjoyed by millions every day. Slow Smothered Pork Chops is something that I have loved my entire life. They're fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook slow smothered pork chops using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Slow Smothered Pork Chops:
- Take 5 of pd large bone in assorted pork chops (deboned).
- Take 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper.
- Get 6 cloves of garlic.
- Make ready 1 of jalapeno.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery.
- Get 3 of large carrots.
- Get 2 of pds baby red potatoes.
- Make ready to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of each of garlic and onion powder.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of coriander.
- Make ready 3 of knorr chicken bouillon cubes.
- Take 2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Get 2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of corn starch (optional).
Instructions to make Slow Smothered Pork Chops:
- If you are cooking for little ones you may want to debone the pork chops because there are some little and sharp bones in the meat. After deboning, save the bigger bones to cook with the meal for added flavor..
- In small bowl mix cajun seasoning, smoked paprika and some of your salt and pepper. generously rub on each side of pork chops.
- Heat a little bit of oil in Dutch oven or any heavy, large pot. Add meat. Do not over crowd the pot, you may need to brown in batches, mine took two. Get a nice brown sear on each side and in bottom of the pan. Remove and set aside..
- Add onion, bell pepper, garlic and celery. saute for a few minutes until they take on the color of the sear and are translucent..
- Add pork chops back to the pot, add remaining seasonings. Add enough water to cover the meat about an inch. Stir all together well, bring to a boil, cover and simmer on low boil for 1 1/2 hours..
- Then add carrots and potatoes, cover and simmer for another 30 to 45 minutes..
- If you want a thicker broth, mix cornstarch with some cold water and add to pot. Let it cook for a few more minutes to thicken..
One more thing you will want to make sure of is that your eating enough of is your vegetables as this will in addition be able to have a good affect on your health. Potassium is one of the things that you will find in various vegetables, and naturally they also contain many various vitamins and minerals you will also need. You will recognize that one of the vegetables we are discussing is broccoli, which is loaded with potassium. Spinach is additionally something that you may wish to start eating more of as it contains a lot more vitamins and minerals than other vegetables.
So that's going to wrap it up for this exceptional food slow smothered pork chops recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I'm sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!