Slow-cooked Pulled Pork.
Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we're going to prepare a special dish, slow-cooked pulled pork. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I'm gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Following a green living eating plan will provide you with just what you need to be healthy. Your body will become disease free as your immune system improves. Prepare for a great future by changing your eating habits right now.
How to Prepare Homemade Slow-cooked Pulled Pork
Slow-cooked Pulled Pork is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It's easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. They're nice and they look fantastic. Slow-cooked Pulled Pork is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have slow-cooked pulled pork using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Slow-cooked Pulled Pork:
- Get 2 medium of onions.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic.
- Get 1 cup of chicken stock or chicken broth.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of kosher or sea salt.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Get 1 of 4.5 or 5 lb boneless or bone-in pork shoulder (pork butt).
- Make ready 2 cup of bbq sauce (optional).
Instructions to make Slow-cooked Pulled Pork:
- Place the onions and garlic in an even layer in the slow cooker and pour in the stock or broth. Combine the sugar, chili powder, measured salt, cumin, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Pat the pork dry with paper towels. Rub the spice mixture all over the pork and place the meat on top of the onions and garlic. Cover and cook until the pork is fork tender, about 6 to 8 hours on high or 8 to 10 hours on low..
- Turn off the slow cooker and remove the pork to a cutting board. Set a fine-mesh strainer over a medium heatproof bowl. Pour the onion mixture from the slow cooker through the strainer and return the solids to the slow cooker. Set the strained liquid aside..
- If the pork has a bone, remove and discard it. Using 2 forks, shred the meat into bite-sized pieces, discarding any large pieces of fat. Return the shredded meat to the slow cooker, add the barbecue sauce, if using, and mix to combine. If you?re not using barbecue sauce, use a spoon to skim and discard the fat from the surface of the strained cooking liquid, and then add 1/4 cup of the liquid at a time to the slow cooker until the pork is just moistened. Taste and season with salt as needed..
Every person likes to have dessert following their meals and if you are one of those people you may want to think about some citrus fruit. Citrus fruits in addition present you with vitamin C, as well as other vitamins and also minerals that can help keep you healthy. You may also want to mix a few things like orange sections, shredded coconut mixed with a teaspoon of honey.
So that's going to wrap it up with this special food slow-cooked pulled pork recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I'm sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!