Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas.
Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we're going to make a special dish, green chile chicken enchiladas. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Most likely, your local grocery store today has an organic food area. In this aisle, you'll see the superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious diseases. By ingesting these foods, your body will be uplifted to new heights in mental awareness, and perceptions. Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will see an amazing increase in how much better you feel. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will help it to work optimally. In this case, the immune system can fight off any malady.
Recipe of Perfect Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It's enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have green chile chicken enchiladas using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas:
- Take 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kosher salt, divided.
- Make ready 1 TBSP of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of small red, yellow or orange bell pepper, cored and diced.
- Make ready 1 of medium yellow onion, diced.
- Take 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Get 3/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 cups of reduced fat shredded Monterey jack or Mexican blend cheese, divided.
- Take 1 1/2 cups of plain non-fat Greek yogurt.
- Prepare 2 (4 ounce) of cans diced green chilies, drained.
- Take 8 (7 inch) of whole wheat flour tortillas.
- Take of For serving: diced fresh tomato, fresh cilantro, diced avocado, diced red onion, as desired.
Steps to make Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9x 13 inch casserole dish with baking spray and set aside..
- If you chicken is not yet cooked: Place the chicken breast in a single layer in the bottom or a large pot. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp kosher salt, then fill the pan with water, just until it comes 1 inch above the chicken. Bring the water and chicken to a boil over medium high heat. As soon as the water boils, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, then simmer just until the the chicken is cooked through and reaches 165 degrees F at its thickest part, about 10-14 minutes depending upon the size. Begin checking the chicken at the 8-minute mark so that it does not over cook. Remove the chicken from the liquid. Let rest until cool enough to handle, then shred..
- To make the enchiladas: heat oil in a large skillet or saute pan on medium heat. Once the oil is warm, add the peppers and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften and the onions become translucent, about 8-10 minutes..
- to the skillet, add the shredded chicken, 1/2 tsp salt, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and black pepper. Stir to coat evenly, then remove the skillet from the heat and let cool..
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of the cheese, Greek yogurt and green chilies. Once chicken and veggie mixture has cooled to nearly room temperature, add it to the bowl with the yogurt mixture and stir to coat evenly..
- To assemble the enchiladas: Fill each tortilla with a slightly heaping 1/2 cup of the chicken-yogurt mixture. Roll closed and placed in the prepared dish, seam side down. Repeat for the remaining enchiladas. Pour the green enchilada sauce over the top, cover the pan, then bake for 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, uncover, and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese. Bake uncovered for 5 additional minutes, until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with desired toppings and enjoy..
By following some of the suggestions above you will find that you can be living a healthier life. Something that you need to actually avoid is all of the processed foods which you can purchase in the stores, and start preparing fresh foods for your meals.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food green chile chicken enchiladas recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I'm sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!