Enchiladas - Red or White Sauce.
Hey everyone, it's me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we're going to make a distinctive dish, enchiladas - red or white sauce. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Do you eat because something is available and you love what they taste or do you go for foods that are good for you? How often do you eat mini mart junk food, or oily fried foods from the local fast food eating places? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and fatty food that most people eat, it's not surprising that new diseases are discovered on a regular basis. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and many others, possibly induced by the foods that are ingested. A lot of people are at last realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. A lot of nutritious food are now being sold at your local health food store or farmer's market.
How to Make Homemade Enchiladas - Red or White Sauce
Enchiladas - Red or White Sauce is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It's appreciated by millions daily. It's easy, it's quick, it tastes yummy. Enchiladas - Red or White Sauce is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have enchiladas - red or white sauce using 22 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Enchiladas - Red or White Sauce:
- Make ready of TIP: Leftover chicken works great!.
- Prepare 5 of Chicken breasts and/or thighs..
- Prepare 15-18 of corn tortillas.
- Make ready 1 cup of diced green onion.
- Prepare 1/2 of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Get 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Get 1 tbsp of taco seasoning.
- Get of Creamy White Sauce.
- Take 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of flour.
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup of Chicken broth.
- Make ready 2 cups of milk.
- Get 2 tsp of onion powder.
- Get 1 1/2 tsp of garlic salt or to taste.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Make ready 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of shredded pepper jack cheese.
- Make ready 1 large of or 2 small tomatoes, diced and set aside.
- Take 1 of jalepeno, diced small and set aside.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of bell pepper diced and set aside.
- Make ready 2/3 cup of Red onion diced and set aside.
- Get 1 cup of Sour cream.
Steps to make Enchiladas - Red or White Sauce:
- Preheat oven to 350. Heat olive oil in skillet on med-high. Season chicken in hot pan. Sear chicken to brown then cover and turn down heat to low-med turning periodically..
- Meanwhile in a measuring cup wisk together the flour and half of the milk, this prevents lumps. In a large saucepan melt better and pour in milk mixture and stir frequently on low-med heat..
- Once it thickens continue to wisk and add chicken broth, the seasonings and remaining milk..
- Continue to stir periodically for 10 min. It will begin to simmer..
- When chicken is done, place on a cookie sheet or platter to cool. When cooled shred the chicken.
- Stir in the pepper jack cheese and diced vegetables. Cook on low stirring periodically should be thickened some again..
- Stir in sour cream. Taste for any seasoning adjustments you want to make. If sauce is not thickened wisk together a bit more flour in a small amount of milk and add to sauce. Stir on med. Heat and it will thicken. You don't want it too thick, it will also thicken some in the oven..
- In a glass 9x11 pan place a little sauce in the bottom. Using tongs place tortilla in the sauce covering it completely until softened to roll up..
- Drain sauce from tortilla then place the tortilla in the pan, put some shredded chicken and cheddar cheese on tortilla and roll up till snug..
- Repeat for all the tortillas, placing them close together..
- Cover all the tortillas with the remaining sauce and top with the remaining cheddar cheese and green onions. Bake for 20 minutes..
- If tortillas are not mostly covered in sauce cover the pan while baking. ENJOY!.
By following some of the suggestions above you will notice that you'll be living a healthier life. Also if you cut out all the refined food that you really should not be eating anyway, you might find that you could end up living a longer life.
So that's going to wrap it up for this exceptional food enchiladas - red or white sauce recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I'm confident that you will make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!