Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, vegetarian enchiladas. One of my favorites. For mine, I'm gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
When you put food into your mouth, are you concerned about the nutritional value or merely eat the food that tastes good at the time? How often do you consume mini mart junk food, or oily fried foods from the local fast food joints? Ingesting sugar and starches, and fatty foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are being discovered all of the time? The things we are ingesting cause obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of epidemic proportions. Men and women are becoming more concerned about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. Healthy food is now found at local grocery and health food markets.
Recipe of Any-night-of-the-week Vegetarian Enchiladas
Vegetarian Enchiladas is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It's enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it's quick, it tastes yummy. Vegetarian Enchiladas is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have vegetarian enchiladas using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Vegetarian Enchiladas:
- Take 1 1/4 lb of carrots coarsely chopped.
- Get 1 of small yellow onion chopped.
- Take 5 of garlic cloves peeled.
- Get 1/2 lb of tomatoes chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 of kosher salt.
- Take 9 oz of crumbled queso fresco (2 cups).
- Take 1 cup of finely chopped cilantro.
- Make ready 12 of corn tortillas.
- Prepare 1 of Mexican crema or sour cream for drizzling.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of finely chopped red onion.
Instructions to make Vegetarian Enchiladas:
- MAKE THE CARROT SOFRITO Preheat the oven to 225°. In a food processor, pulse the carrots, onion and garlic until very finely chopped. Scrape the mixture into a medium bowl. Add the tomatoes to the food processor and pulse until nearly smooth..
- In a medium, deep ovenproof skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until shimmering. Add the carrot mixture and a generous pinch of salt and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened slightly and nearly dry, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the tomato puree and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has evaporated, 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining 6 tablespoons of olive oil. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours until the carrot sofrito is very soft. Season with salt, cover and keep warm over low heat, stirring occasionally..
- ASSEMBLE THE ENCHILADAS In a medium bowl, toss the crumbled queso fresco with the cilantro and red onion..
- In a small skillet, heat 1/2 inch of canola oil over moderately low heat. Add 1 tortilla to the skillet and cook until just pliable, about 20 seconds. Using tongs, transfer the tortilla to a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining tortillas..
- Working quickly, roll a scant 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture in each tortilla and arrange them on a large platter, seam side down. Spoon the hot sofrito over the enchiladas and scatter the remaining cheese mixture on top; drizzle some of the crema over them and serve..
When it comes to the foods that you eat, you will notice that your overall health can be effected either positively or negatively. One of the foods you should be avoiding is any foods you get at a fast food spot. The foods that you will get from these fast food places are generally foods that are incredibly unhealthy, loaded with fat and usually have little to no nutrition. You will be delighted to know that we are going to let you know a few of the foods that you ought to be consuming every day.
So that's going to wrap this up with this exceptional food vegetarian enchiladas recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I'm confident that you can make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!