Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce. Chicken- and cheese-stuffed corn tortillas baked under a creamy sauce infused with hot green chiles. Adjust the amount of chopped chiles to suit your taste! Reviews for: Photos of Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Green Chile Sauce.
I'm always in the mood for enchiladas but I always feel a little bit guilty Then you make the sauce by starting with a roux and then adding some chicken broth, sour cream, and green chiles. One Of Our Favorite Mexican Dishes - Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas Recipe!! Corn Tortillas Stuffed With Chicken, Cheese, Green Chile Enchilada Sauce, Sour Cream, And Green Chiles, Topped With More Sauce And Cheese!
Hey everyone, it's Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Do you eat because food is available and you enjoy what they taste or do you opt for nutritional foods? Do you usually eat junk food and lots of fried foods from fast food places? Because most people choose to consume foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. The foods we are consuming are causing obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of epidemic proportions. Individuals are becoming more conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. A lot of healthy food can now be being sold at your local health food store or farmer's market.
How to Make Super Quick Homemade Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce
Chicken- and cheese-stuffed corn tortillas baked under a creamy sauce infused with hot green chiles. Adjust the amount of chopped chiles to suit your taste! Reviews for: Photos of Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Green Chile Sauce.
Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It's easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce is something which I've loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce:
- Make ready of Whole rotisserie chicken.
- Prepare 4 cups of shredded cheese.
- Prepare 10-12 of large flour or corn tortillas or 16 smaller ones.
- Take of Sauce.
- Get 6 Tablespoons of butter.
- Take 4 Tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- Take 2 teaspoons of Mexican oregano.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Get 2 cups of chicken broth.
- Make ready 8 oz of chopped green chili with liquid.
- Prepare of Milk (add to desired consistency as sauce thickens 1-2 cups).
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream.
Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese. I also added a bit of cumin to the chicken.
Steps to make Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce:
- Remove all meat from the chicken, discarding bones and skin. You should get 4-6 cups of meat when diced..
- Mix 2 cups of cheese with the diced chicken and set aside..
- For the sauce: melt butter in a large pan. Add flour and spices and whisk over medium heat for a few minutes until flour is cooked..
- Add the chicken broth and green chilies. Whisk over medium heat and add milk until you get a nice sauce consistency. Medium thick is what I went for..
- Add the sour cream. Adjust seasonings to your taste..
- Place about a cup of sauce in the bottom of large baking dish. You may need 2 baking dishes. I used one large lasagna pan and one medium sized one..
- Fill the tortillas with about 1/2 cup of chicken and cheese down the center and roll up. Place seam side down in the pan and continue process until chicken is gone..
- Pour remaining sauce over the enchiladas. Top with the remaining 2 cups of cheese..
- Bake at 425 F for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and nicely golden brown on top..
Additionally, I used corn tortillas instead of flour for the proper consistency. I made the meal as an enchilada. Chicken breast, tortillas served in a creamy sour cream green chili sauce. These are perhaps the best chicken enchiladas I have ever made and they couldn't be easier. This is one of those recipes once you make it and take that first bite you are going to be wondering why you hadn't tried it yet.
For those who want to begin living a more healthy life the tips above can help you do that. The one thing that you should actually avoid is all of the processed foods which you can purchase in the stores, and start cooking fresh foods for your meals.
So that's going to wrap it up for this special food chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I'm sure that you will make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!