Hey everyone, I hope you're having an amazing day today. Today, I'm gonna show you how to make a special dish, kalua pig. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Most probably, your local grocery store today has an organic food section. There you will be able to find what science has called superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been found to slow down a number of diseases, or even overturn them. By ingesting these foods, your body will become healthier. When you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will note an amazing increase in how healthy you feel. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will allow it to function optimally. When this happens, your immune system will easily fend off diseases.
Recipe of Speedy Kalua Pig
Kalua Pig is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It's simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Kalua Pig is something that I've loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have kalua pig using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Kalua Pig:
- Prepare 1 of bone in Boston butt pork shoulder 4-6 lbs.
- Prepare 6 of thick cut slices bacon.
- Make ready 5 of garlic cloves peeled & thinly sliced.
- Take 1 of coarse sea salt approximately 1/2 teaspoon per pound of meat.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of liquid smoke.
Steps to make Kalua Pig:
- Line a crock pot with 3 slices of the bacon.
- Using a paring knife, stab holes all over the meat concentrating on the top & sides. Insert the garlic slices into the holes..
- Sprinkle & rub the sea salt all over the meat & into the spaces between the muscles, using approximately 1/2 teaspoon per pound. Remember, you can add salt, but it's hard to unsalt..
- Place the butt in crock pot..
- Drizzle with the liquid smoke..
- Lay the remaining 3 slices of bacon on top of the butt. Let excess hang over sides..
- Cover & cook on high 4-6 hours..
Your Overall Health Can Be Effected By The Foods You Choose To Eat
So that's going to wrap it up for this special food kalua pig recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!