Hey everyone, hope you're having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, hellfire gumbo. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Green living provides you with a great diet plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. You will see that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to fend off disease. You can look forward to a healthy future by altering your food choices right now.
Easiest Way to Prepare Homemade Hellfire Gumbo
Hellfire Gumbo is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is simple, it's fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Hellfire Gumbo is something that I've loved my whole life. They're nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have hellfire gumbo using 23 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Hellfire Gumbo:
- Get 1 of large yellow onion.
- Make ready 8 of garlic cloves.
- Take 1 of green bell pepper.
- Take 1 of Red bell pepper.
- Make ready 4 of chicken breasts (bone in skin on).
- Take 2 lb of Pork Andouille Sausages.
- Get 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes.
- Get 1/2 lb of Okra.
- Prepare 2 of Habanero peppers.
- Make ready 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of bacon grease.
- Make ready 3 stalk of Celery.
- Get of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare of white pepper.
- Get of ground black pepper.
- Get of sea salt.
- Make ready of thyme.
- Prepare of parsley flakes.
- Prepare of worcestershire sauce.
- Take of garlic powder.
- Take of gumbo filé.
- Make ready 2 cup of rice.
- Make ready 4 of bay leaf.
Steps to make Hellfire Gumbo:
- In a large pot cover chicken breasts with water, bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes. For the last 10 minutes drop in the sausages, piercing them about 3 times in front and back with a knife before..
- Pierce the habanero peppers with a knife and put them in the pot. Leave in the pot during entire cooking time to flavor the Gumbo then remove before serving..
- Mince garlic and finely chop about 1/4 of the onion, set aside separately for the roux.
- Chop up the remaining onion,red and green bell peppers and celery and add to the pot..
- Remove chicken and sausage from pot and set aside.
- Add can of fire roasted tomatoes and all seasonings to taste, to the pot, except for the Gumbo Filé.
- In a large iron skillet, heat bacon grease on a medium to high flame, when grease is hot gradually stir in flour. This mix of grease and flour is the roux, and is a crucial part of the outcome of the Gumbo, try not to burn it. Keep stirring this mix for at least 10 minutes or until the roux starts to turn a light brown color, then add the onions, stir for another 5 minutes and add the garlic and continue to stir until the roux reaches a milk chocolatey color, also try not to let the garlic burn.
- Once the roux is a nice brown color with caramelized onions and garlic, transfer the roux from the skillet to the Gumbo pot and stir in..
- Chop Okra I to 1/2 inch pieces and add to the Gumbo.
- Take skin off the chicken and remove it from the bones and shred with your hands. Brown sausages on the skillet on high heat for about 6 minutes, chop into 1/2 inch slices and add to the Gumbo..
- Add Gumbo filé to taste, serve with rice and/or french bread and butter and enjoy. Garnish with habanero if you dare!.
You will find that different kinds of berries can be extremely good for your health. The volume of vitamin C that can be found in berries, is one of the main reasons you need to be eating berries. Most berries also have an awful lot of anti-oxidants, which is really beneficial to your overall health and is specifically good for your circulatory system. You may also be aware that antioxidants can also help make sure you have healthy cells and it can also help to stop the deterioration of the cells.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food hellfire gumbo recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!